Kodi Integration

Magram
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Hi all.

I'm new to Emby but a long-time Kodi user.

Just a bit confused here and probably missing something really obvious but  ...

I've installed and configured Emby, which is working great and it can see and manage my media files, etc. And I've installed the Emby add-on in Kodi, configured it and connected to my Emby server, which is actually installed on the same local (Windows 10) machine.

Everything seems to be working great except Kodi's 'Movies' and 'TV Shows' sections are empty. Am I supposed to add Emby movie/TV sources manually somehow, and if so, how? Or does the Emby add-on not integrate this way?

• Solution
Angelblue05

Sounds like you didn’t sync your Emby movies and tv library to Kodi. Launch Emby for kodi > manage libraries > add libraries.

• Like 2

Perfect. That was it! I knew it would be something simple that I'd missed. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help and hard work! ... Sending you some Beer and Chocolate money right now :)

Angelblue05

Glad it was easily resolved :)

Thanks! I’ll be around more starting next week. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Quick question, just to not open a new topic for this... Does Kodi library sync with the read/not read status of Emby ?

Edited by Z4ng3tsu

If you mean the 'watched' status of movies and TV shows; yes it does (assuming you're using the Emby Add-on with Kodi of course).

Edited by Magram
  • Like 1

If you mean the 'watched' status of movies and TV shows; yes it does (assuming you're using the Emby Add-on with Kodi of course).

Thank you ! Yes, that's what I wanted to say ^^.