Server Version 3.0.5267.16902

Music Videos file structure:
Music Videos\
     Artist\
        Video1\
           track.mp4
        Video2\
           track.mp4

1) ****movie.xml is not being created for Music Videos. This results in red warning icon being displayed.

I have refreshed the Music Videos collection...no joy.
I have rescanned the Library...no joy
I have refreshed the Music Video...no joy.

2) Is there supposed to be a "artist.xml" in the artist folder? (none are being created...just wondering)

Edited by RedStripe

RedStripe

I have found a work-a-round for this issue.

Go to each Music Video
Click "Save"
Click "Refresh"

Question:
Is this the way it is intended to work (to create the initial movie.xml)?

Three other issues/questions with regards to Music Video. I point them out here as they may all be interrelated.

1) Music Videos are not linked/listed under corresponding "Artists" or "Album Artists".
      (See my post "6546-music-videos-not-linking/"...never resolved.)
   2) Should the Artist folder for the Music Video contain the artist.xml?
   3) When entering the "Music Videos" collection via "My Library" you are presented with a display of
      "Music Video" artists (see screenshot below). However, they artists are not editable and     

mouseover the artist image does not present any options.

Bug or feature?

5390f84eda349_Capture.png

Edited by RedStripe

we have no internet metadata for music videos, therefore there is no reason to save the file until either that changes, or you use the editor.

jamvids

I was just wondering if you can scrape wikipedia, I am using that at the moment, via cut and paste, very laborious but is looking good. Pretty much every music vid has a page on wiki, it's only a single really and all of  the info is there. I don't mind looking for art myself, I just copy what is in the artist folder images from my albums and google single covers, and apart from the artwork getting different treatments (i.e. some get the jewell case treatment and some the thumbnail treatment) it's looking quite good. It is taking forever though.

As a rule, we don't scrape anything as technically that is illegal.

Wikipedia may be okay (they may grant rights to do that, I'm not sure) but also, scraping is a giant pain in the arse to maintain.

jamvids

Maybe I used the wrong word, do whatever you guys do, with wiki. Just thought it would be a reliable source of info. Is there any rumours that a music video DB will appear?

Yea it would be cool if there were reliable online info. We just haven't found it yet. I haven't looked into wikipedia but can at some point.

• Like 1