No files showing up in folders

nativetexan

nativetexan

Good morning,

I've created a new folder on my server entitled "Action", assigned the folders to it from my server that contain my Action films and yet, the folder remains empty when I click on it to view the films. I've tried to figure out how to refresh the folder to have it scan and acquire the films, but I cannot get it to do that.  I've restarted the server and that does no good.  I feel like I may just be missing something obvious, but I cannot figure out how to do it.  I even tried deleting the folder, but it won't delete.

As you can see on the first screenshot, there are 3 folders: TV shows, Movies and Action.  My hopes was to separate the Movies into separate folders by genre so that I could better choose what sort of film I wanted to watch instead of scrolling through the Movies folder.  Is there a limitation to how many folders I can display on the main screen?  Is this a premier limitation?  I don't see the ability to add any more folders here.

Anyway, any sort of fix would be greatly appreciated!

thanks so much,

Kennett

post-514805-0-99114500-1568738812_thumb.png

post-514805-0-71251300-1568738823_thumb.png

Happy2Play

Does that Action folder reside inside the Movies folder?  Basically you would need to provide how you setup your libraries in Emby and possibly a log.

nativetexan

Yes, it does.  For the initial setup, I just pointed the Movies folder to the Movies folder on my server.  Within the Movies folder on the server, I've broken down into genres like Action, Comedy, Horror, etc and that's where the films reside.  When I set up the Action folder on the main page of Emby, I directed to that sub-folder on my server with only Action films in it.

What log file do you need to see?  (and where can I find that on a Windows server?)

Happy2Play

You can not setup sub-folders libraries of an existing library.  As you have already seen no items will show up as they are already in your Movies library.