Series Next Up not showing Specials but viewing the Season does

mgworek

mgworek

Not sure if this should go here or under the server section. I noticed this on the web app and the apple tv client.

When selecting a show, the next up area does not show a special that is aired between 2 episodes. 

If I click on the season for the show, it correctly displays the special between the episodes.

In the screenshots, you will notice that Next Up is not displaying the Christmas special between episodes 8 and 9 but the season screen shows it.

Thanks.

post-9074-0-26836400-1568729055_thumb.png

post-9074-0-90497400-1568729061_thumb.png

mgworek

Next up currently does not use specials. It's possible for the future. Thanks.

Doesn't make sense for it not to be there. The UI doesn't stay consistent. When you go to resume a show, it shows more episodes for the season on you are on and it has the special which are technically, next up. It just seems logical that it they would be also shown in Next Up to stay consistent with all the other area's. One example of why it is needed, with all the cross over shows are doing recently, someone might not normally watch the show that  is crossing over with a show they watch. The other shows episode is normally a special and should show up either before or after on Next Up.

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

daedalus

this should go along with the "show specials in season" setting, but this is emby and logics don't count in here

Edited by daedalus
  • Like 1

Richard Branches

"Specials", a season I've been longing for so long, especially if it aired before the first season, here's to hope it's supported in "Next Up" in a not so distant future...