Scanning Failures

crusher11

crusher11

I'm running a massive scan at the moment, and intermittently items are failing. Thus far that I've noticed: CM Punk The Second City Saint, The Missouri Breaks, Miracle on 34th Street and Moby Dick.

embyserver.txt

crusher11

It means it shows up that the file exists, but that's it. No identification, no metadata, nothing. Not even MediaInfo for the file itself.

Missouri Breaks and Moby Dick were both on my server previously and as such have artwork and metadata saved already, but even that doesn't show up. Miracle on 34th Street somehow loaded the existing art and metadata but no information on the video file.

Happy2Play

Are you having a network issue?  Logs shows " Error checking registration status of MBSupporter", network paths no longer available. issues with opensubtitle. 

Looks like a permissions issue also (98 time)

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\\CAPLAPTOP\DVD Backups\Backups\Misc Wrestling Docos\H\Hitman Hart Wrestling with Shadows (1998)\Hitman Hart Wrestling with Shadows (1998).nfo' is denied

If you are not using Port mapping I would suggest disabling it so it is not spamming the log.

If you actually have stub files in your stubs folder you need to change the extension from mkv to disc to prevent ffprobe log spamming.

System.Exception: System.Exception: ffprobe failed for file:"D:\Plex\Stubs\A\All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)\All Quiet on the Western Front (1930).mkv" - streams and format are both null: 

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Media-stubs

crusher11

I set it to mkv because the point of the stubs is to set up artwork and metadata, and replacing a stub file with an mkv file creates a whole new nfo and undoes all my work.

I don't know what port mapping is.

I have no idea why there would be permissions issues either.

No network issues that I've noticed, but my entire server is down at the moment (see my other thread).

Happy2Play

I set it to mkv because the point of the stubs is to set up artwork and metadata, and replacing a stub file with an mkv file creates a whole new nfo and undoes all my work.

Never had that happen, unless you are not saving nfo and images with media.  Then that makes since as the item metadata only exists in the database linked to a item id folder in metadata\library for images and when the file changes the item is deleted and re-added to the database.

Happy2Play

The NFO is literally called movie.disc.nfo. Then becomes movie.mkv.nfo.

None of my nfo files created by Emby are that way.  The are all moviename.nfo.

5d80c5666867b_disc.jpg

Happy2Play

My bad. It goes from movie.disc.nfo to movie.nfo. Same issue applies though.

But you have to have something else going on as I can replace the example disc above with an actual media file (mkv,mp4) and it will use the existing nfo and images provided in that folder.

crusher11

Images yes, but the nfo file changes filename, which presumably means it's a new file, as it's treating it as a completely different movie that doesn't have ".disc" in its name.

Happy2Play

Images yes, but the nfo file changes filename, which presumably means it's a new file, as it's treating it as a completely different movie that doesn't have ".disc" in its name.

No ".disc" is the extension replacing ".mkv" and has nothing to do with the filename.  

Happy2Play

All goes back to post 4.  All those issues need looked at and resolved.  Primarily permissions and shares issues.

If those issues are resolved then you will need to post a new log.

crusher11

I'm not aware of any network or permissions issues. Everyone has full control permissions on the network drive. Plenty of other things from that same drive scanned just fine.

Happy2Play

I'm not aware of any network or permissions issues. Everyone has full control permissions on the network drive. Plenty of other things from that same drive scanned just fine.

But here are the examples provided from post 3.

2019-09-17 03:44:00.060 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for \\CAPLAPTOP\DVD Backups\Backups\Movies\M\Missouri Breaks, The (1976)
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.2.1.0
	Command line: C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///C:/Users/myname/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application directory: C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found : '\\CAPLAPTOP\DVD Backups\Backups\Movies\M\Missouri Breaks, The (1976)'
2019-09-17 03:44:00.063 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for \\CAPLAPTOP\DVD Backups\Backups\Movies\M\Moby Dick (1956)
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Runtime: file:///C:/Users/myname/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The network path was not found : '\\CAPLAPTOP\DVD Backups\Backups\Movies\M\Moby Dick (1956)'
2019-09-17 00:38:53.423 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: \\CAPLAPTOP\DVD Backups\Backups\Movies
	*** Error Report ***
	System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (64): The specified network name is no longer available
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 
	No Stack Trace Available
Edited by Happy2Play

crusher11

Well this is weird.

I was just checking on my PC to see that I could access the problem files, and I can. But.

All my WWE Royal Rumble events have artwork and metadata in Emby, but no file information. And I can't play the files through Emby. But there are no artwork files and no NFO files in the media folder, despite the library being set up to put them there. So where are they, and how did they end up in a different place? The log shows "streams and format are both null" errors for both the theme.mp3 and the movie files, and yet...there are fully functioning files there.

My WWE WrestleMania events, on the other hand, which previously existed as stubs and therefore do have artwork and NFO files in their media folders, show no artwork or metadata in Emby. Nor do they show media file information, nor can they be played back. Again, perfectly accessible from my PC through Windows Explorer.

I also see in the log it's having issues accessing ECW One Night Stand's xml file, which makes sense because there isn't one, nor should there be. Why this results in an error, however, I have no idea.

Pretty sure the log ending in 888 has most of the WWE stuff.

embyserver.txt

embyserver-63704338066.txt

embyserver-63704340379.txt

embyserver-63704344740.txt

embyserver-63704349888.txt

crusher11

How can I get it to go back and find the missing artwork and movie files? It's picked up most of the themes and extras from what I can tell, but it's not bothering to recheck the movie files, or the artwork for the ones that have it in the media folders, and the ones with art outside their media folders still...well, have art outside the media folders.

I seem to have lost all my TV episode backgrounds, too.

Looks like a problem with your network share:

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready : '\\CAPLAPTOP\DVD Backups\Backups\Sports\NFL\Season 1993'

Among other things, but i would start by resolving that.

Happy2Play

I also see in the log it's having issues accessing ECW One Night Stand's xml file, which makes sense because there isn't one, nor should there be. Why this results in an error, however, I have no idea.

The xml error is do to you having the xml metadata plugin installed and the item not having xml metadata.

crusher11

Looks like a problem with your network share:

System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The device is not ready : '\\CAPLAPTOP\DVD Backups\Backups\Sports\NFL\Season 1993'
Among other things, but i would start by resolving that.
I have no idea why that would be though. Seems it may have been a temporary thing that's now resolved, but how do I fix the items that failed that initial scan?

Happy2Play

If a library scan is not getting the information, you may need to Refresh Metadata (scan for missing or replace all) on the items and or library, or via multi-select.  But it is usually easier to go over a specific example.

If the shares issues are resolve then a new log will be needed to also.

Edited by Happy2Play

crusher11

If a library scan is not getting the information, you may need to Refresh Metadata (scan for missing or replace all) on the items and or library, or via multi-select.  But it is usually easier to go over a specific example.

If the shares issues are resolve then a new log will be needed to also.

The only issue with that is I'd already spent a lot of time setting up metadata and artwork for the WrestleManias. But I went into Folder view and multi-selected everything except the W folder, and it worked.