rotating backdrops in Mobile view?

chef

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to get rotating backdrops in Mobile view of the web app?

Or is this on purpose to keep requests to a minimum because of data limits on phones?

Perhaps there is an edit in the backdrop.js that could enable this feature?

Happy2Play

What do you mean?  My backdrops rotate on Home Screen and per library when the display option is enabled on the mobile device I test on, and in the dev console on my desktop when changing to mobile layout.

Okay, there is an option to enable this, great!

Could you tell me where the display option is located? I must have it turned off.

Here is an example of my details screen on mobile. Only one backdrop ever shows.

post-27-0-02511600-1568685884_thumb.png

Edited by chef

Happy2Play

So you are referring to item backdrop as the setting I was referring to displays backdrops everywhere (Home Screen/Libraries).  This option does apply to items so this would appear to be by design somewhere in the mobile layout.

But the setting I referenced is User preferences (user icon)-Display.

itembackdrop is disabled in desktop layout and uses backdropcontainer to rotate images, where mobile layout enables itembackdrop and disables backdropcontainer.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

So you are referring to item backdrop as the setting I was referring to displays backdrops everywhere (Home Screen/Libraries). This option does apply to items so this would appear to be by design somewhere in the mobile layout.

But the setting I referenced is User preferences (user icon)-Display.

itembackdrop is disabled in desktop layout and uses backdropcontainer to rotate images, where mobile layout enables itembackdrop and disables backdropcontainer.

Ah ha, I see now, and found it. I think with a little bit of logic and some css I can get this going.

Thanks for the info.