Playback failed - One or more items failed to play - occurs randomly and inconsistently

fr0z3n

Hi

Randomly From time to time (25% of the time maybe) when I try and play content I get a spinney wheel then an error playback failed one or more items failed to play.

Sometimes the error pops up and the video does not play, while other times the error pops up but the video plays in the background. When I then press OK on the pop up then playback stops.

Angel, I'll pm you my log could you please take a look!

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
fr0z3n

Hey Luke

I sent all the details (including 2 log files) in a pm to Angel a couple of weeks ago but I hadn't heard back in a while so not too sure what to do next

Thanks

I think she's been a little busy lately but I'm sure she'll respond soon. How does the web app compare?

fr0z3n

Ok no problem ☺

Yeah web app is fine, specific to kodi only using the kodi plugin.

She said it was a 'corner case' so maybe she found something specific to my device or my setup from the log files. But it does happen quite inconsistently (sometimes 75% of playback attempts, sometimes 25%).

In the example logs I sent i think it happened about 5 times in a row then on the 6th playback attempt of the same video it worked.

Thanks

fr0z3n

Ok no problem ☺

Yeah web app is fine, specific to kodi only using the kodi plugin.

She said it was a 'corner case' so maybe she found something specific to my device or my setup from the log files. But it does happen quite inconsistently (sometimes 75% of playback attempts, sometimes 25%).

In the example logs I sent i think it happened about 5 times in a row then on the 6th playback attempt of the same video it worked.

Thanks