42 replies to this topic

#41 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12278 posts
  • Local time: 02:09 AM

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:28 AM

And it's only that movie this happens with? The audio is being converted correctly, but there're a lot of errors. If it's just that movie, I'd suggest reacquiring it. If it's more than one movie, can you share it? It may be freezing in theater because of how it's being delivered combined with those errors.

#42 Lonald OFFLINE  

Lonald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Local time: 04:09 AM

Posted 24 September 2019 - 08:09 PM

I'll get a new copy and let you know.  Strange that the Emby Theater has trouble and mpv does not.

Thanks!

#43 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12278 posts
  • Local time: 02:09 AM

Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:17 PM

I'll get a new copy and let you know. Strange that the Emby Theater has trouble and mpv does not.

Thanks!

I suspect it's because Theater uses a 'pipe'. There is a similar issue with 3D stuff. mpv generates a ton of errors, but as a standalone, somehow it just rolls over them. But in Theater, it causes playback to halt. What I think it's actually doing is crashing mpv, but electron is stopping it from closing completely, because it's clamped to the window. And when you press play to resume playback, it's actually restarting playback from that position. When that happens, mpv is restarted. It's a bit complicated. One day I'll have to test my theory...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users