chef

It's fixed Horray!

But, if you downloaded and installed the plugin before. Please:

1. remove the plugin

2. restart the server

3. Add the new version into the plugins folder

4. Restart the server

DOWNLOAD: 

Notes: by default the year will be Jan 1 2020. However on Jan 1 2021 the default will automatically change to that date and so on until the end of the human race.

If you change the date, the default will be ignored.

TODO's:

1.Kick off the refresh Internet Channels when a new date is inputted in the configuration.

I find this useful myself! Sweet guys!

Edited by chef
  • Like 5

PuffyToesToo

I'd be happy to contribute to that if you want. Of course if you have other plans, or preferences, no offense taken! Maybe a few of us could offer one or two up and you could choose from them.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Personally I use the Timelord plugin as it makes Date added the Release date so Latest is always New Releases.

PuffyToesToo

OK, here is one. Let me know if you want anything different or whatever. I'm not sure if it requires a specific format or not, so just let me know if you need anything.

5e88ebc99d6a1_PluginIcon.png

• Like 2

chef

OK, here is one. Let me know if you want anything different or whatever. I'm not sure if it requires a specific format or not, so just let me know if you need anything.

5e88ebc99d6a1_PluginIcon.png

Looks great! I'll add it right away :)

• Like 2

chef

Here we go! 

1. The plugin now kicks off the refresh task

2. Added the very nice plugin thumb image from @@PuffyToesToo

DOWNLOAD: 

I'll add the project on Github in case anyone wants to add to it someday :)

Github repo here: https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.NewReleasesChannel

Edited by chef
  • Like 4

OnyxUK

hey @chef 

Here we go! 

DOWNLOAD: attachicon.gifNewReleases.zip

i have just download and reinstalled the file but cant seem to get it to show up ? i have placed it in the plugin folder restarted the server and its not showing up at all? please help lol 

----------------------

just fixed it haha, thanks chef this is fantastic :) MASSIVE THUMBS UP AAAA+++++++++

my only trouble with it is its doubling up on the "continue tab" and not passing the same images over from the original but other than that its perfect :)  post-581867-0-80141900-1586049546_thumb.png

Edited by ONIX-TV

carbonbaseunit

Personally I use the Timelord plugin as it makes Date added the Release date so Latest is always New Releases.

That's awesome.  unless of course you would like to see what you recently added to your library, then it becomes not awesome at all as you now have no way to do that.  It's not a good way to achieve the goal.

• Like 1

carbonbaseunit

Thanks!  That works better than anything that is available now.

Here we go! 

DOWNLOAD: attachicon.gifNewReleases.zip

• Like 1

chef

hey @chef

i have just download and reinstalled the file but cant seem to get it to show up ? i have placed it in the plugin folder restarted the server and its not showing up at all? please help lol

----------------------

just fixed it haha, thanks chef this is fantastic :) MASSIVE THUMBS UP AAAA+++++++++

my only trouble with it is its doubling up on the "continue tab" and not passing the same images over from the original but other than that its perfect :)Untitled.png

Wait, You are seeing double entries?

Darn! I thought I squashed the bug.

Do you see double entries anywhere else?

I was afraid of this, because it's creating a second version of the item in a new library.

Does watch status work between the two library items?

• Like 1

FrostByte

It would be nice if it had the ability to input a certain amount of months.  Say if I want the movies from the past 12 months then I have to change the settings every month.  Something that is fluid would be nice.  But this works great and I can deal with the minor inconvenience, thanks very much Chef.

• Like 1

OnyxUK

Wait, You are seeing double entries?

Darn! I thought I squashed the bug.

Do you see double entries anywhere else?

I was afraid of this, because it's creating a second version of the item in a new library.

Does watch status work between the two library items?

hey chef, 

okay i have had a look on all devices and these are my finding... 

WEB-BASE CLIENT: 

---------------------------

Yes im seeing double on the home screen (only) for the tab (continue watching) and when selected as a favourite its doubled in the favourite tab.

both copies are in sync when playing/resuming marked as played or unplayed  however the images are both different and not syncing apart from the primary image,  ( as all my images and custom) it does sometime sync the backdrop image but rare, to test this fairly i have set the date as 01.06.2019 to show a large amount of films . 

WINDOWS MEDIA THEATER AND SMART TV CLIENTS:

--------------------------

It doesn't show any double copies what so ever but where there is two copies ie [1st copy = original content] [2nd copy = copy of the original with non original images except for primary photo] .... the 2nd copy is only being showed but with the wrong images. this is for continue tab, newly released tab and favorites tab. 

----------

hoping this helps chef, also would be a nice idea to try and extend this to show in the suggestions  tab aswell if possible. 

------------

EDIT:

just done one last check also and this happens on all clients; when selecting a actress or actor to find out what films they have been in, it doubles there.

and also when in the tab for newly released movies its not playing them in date order unless you use the sorting button, it will sort the movies by date but only when in the folder when on the home page it doesn't do that it just picks them random (still newly released ones but just not in date order)

Edited by ONIX-TV
  • Like 2

chef

It would be nice if it had the ability to input a certain amount of months.  Say if I want the movies from the past 12 months then I have to change the settings every month.  Something that is fluid would be nice.  But this works great and I can deal with the minor inconvenience, thanks very much Chef.

We can do this!  sure thing!

we just increment the month value of the 'MinPremiereDate' every thirty days or so. 

This calls for a scheduled task! 

• Like 3

CBers

This isn't a exactly what you guys wanted, but what I did was create a Channel Plugin which only lists Movies from the beginning of the year and called it New Release:

Sorry, but have I misunderstood what this plugin does?

Does it only show new additions to your movie library, rather than "New Releases" in the cinema or on disc, as I thought?

FrostByte

Sorry, but have I misunderstood what this plugin does?

Does it only show new additions to your movie library, rather than "New Releases" in the cinema or on disc, as I thought?

It creates a new library of movies based on the release date entry in a movies metadata.  Default is showing all movies with a release date from 1 Jan of the current year to now.  You can manually change how far it goes back though.

Within this New Releases library you then can sort and filter just like any other library.

CBers

It creates a new library of movies based on the release date entry in a movies metadata.  Default is showing all movies with a release date from 1 Jan of the current year to now.  You can manually change how far it goes back though.

Within this New Releases library you then can sort and filter just like any other library.

Sorry, but that didn't answer my question.

Is it only for newly added movies in your library, but since the "release date".

chef

Sorry, but that didn't answer my question.

Is it only for newly added movies in your library, but since the "release date".

Yes.

It could do more.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

PuffyToesToo

Yes, I had considered doing this very thing only the day before! The only drawback for me was that it would not appear as its own category row on the homescreen (which is what I had been aiming for). 

I haven't read this entire thread, so someone else might have suggested this, but you might also be able to use the new Smart Playlists community plugin to achieve this.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/82776-new-plugin-smartplaylists/

• Like 1