New releases on homescreen

computerprep

neik

+1 for adding this to the catalogue.

Especially with bigger libraries this is a good feature to keep track of released movies withing a given time frame.

@@chef, would it make sense to also include episodes matching the time frame?

• Like 1

chef

how to install this plugin?

I can't find in catalogue

#142 has the download link

FrostByte

silly question how i can install plugin on docker?

Not sure of the exact folder you're looking for in Docker, but this is the one I use with Synology 

Look for something like this and throw the dll in there, then restart Emby

/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/plugins

• 3 weeks later...
Dibbes

@@chef did you ever request to get this in the catalog? (Just curious...)

@@chef ???

Oh, and just a question: You haven't done something similar for series, have you? Let's say, library items for "Running" series and one for "Archive"...??? ;-)

Edited by Dibbes
  • Like 1

Dibbes

Let's see what the API has.

Depending on the list that the API has, could build something that is capable of displaying various libraries on the home screen, each with different criteria... so the one plugin showing a library for new releases, one for running series, one for ended series, one for cartoons, one for animated movies, etc.

Just throwing it out there...  ;)

• Like 1

PuffyToesToo

I'd like to ask if it is possible to create an additional plugin from this, that would allow one to have a 'Featured' or 'On This Day' section? Thank you.

chef

I'd like to ask if it is possible to create an additional plugin from this, that would allow one to have a 'Featured' or 'On This Day' section? Thank you.

Like based on release date (on this day in history) from the items in library?

• Like 1

chef

This all seems possible. I'm just not sure if I should build independent plugin libraries, or build them all into one?

Might have several dll files. I could be wrong.

Edited by chef
  • Like 3

PuffyToesToo

Yes, based on release date! So a movie that was released "On This Day" in 1988 for example.. or an album, etc.

• Like 2

Dibbes

This all seems possible. I'm just not sure if I should build independent plugin libraries, or build them all into one?

Might have several dll files. I could be wrong.

That totally depends how you want to build it I suppose... I'm not sure what the reason would be this cannot be done in one .dll, I guess though that if you'd want to use various .dll's, you may want to consider setting this up as various plugins instead of one

kikinjo

@@chef any chance we see that plugin that is requested few times, featured section where we (admins) can pick what movies / tv to show in that featured section.

Cheers

• Like 1

chef

@@chef any chance we see that plugin that is requested few times, featured section where we (admins) can pick what movies / tv to show in that featured section.

Cheers

Yeah, the config will list all movies, or series, and then you'll have to out a check in a check box to add it to the "featured" channel.

Is that what we call it "features", or "top picks"?

What should we call it?

• Like 1

kikinjo

Top picks yeah, i think its better since admin is "picking them"

Thank you very much for this, it is the thing that i miss the most in emby now, to have possibility as admin to pick and "offer" specific content to users on home screen.

• Like 2

chef

Here is a "Top Picks" channel plugin... proof of concept.

DOWNLOAD: TopPicks.zip

It currently only works with movies.

You currently have to run the "Refresh Internet channels" scheduled task after toggling items in the configuration

If you enter the config UI after initial setup all toggles are off. I gotta fix it.

Duplicate Item issue because Emby creates the new version of the item with a different Internal Id.

TODO:

1. Fix duplicate entries (I dunno how yet)

2. Make it work for TV

3. Figure out a better/faster way for user to select items from library.

4. Auto Run Refresh Internet channels after plugin config save

5. Update Config UI to show channel items that are added.

this is pretty alpha. It needs some extra work, but you can create a "Top Picks" library with you choice of items.

If you toggle on new items in the config and then run internet channel refresh, it will update the channel.

Edited by chef
  • Like 5

Dibbes

Here is a "Top Picks" channel plugin... proof of concept.

not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I cannot add anything

Nevermind... it just takes ages to load the list...

Edited by Dibbes

PuffyToesToo

I like to keep it simple. 'On this Day' works for me. Flashback is a good title as well. 

Almost have something complete for "top picks"

Then I'll start on "on this day" channel.

@@puffytoes what are we going to name the channel which shows "on this day is history" releases

• Like 1

adamstewiegreen

@@chef

This New Release thing is great!  Thanks. 

One idea ... it may not even be possible, I wouldn't know though... instead of making 3, 4, or 5 different plugins to cater to everyone's tastes, why not create one plugin that puts selected playlists on the Home screen.  Then we can use the smart playlists plugin (or create your own playlists manually) to create custom Home screen sections (with the name of the playlist as its title)...

On second thought ... some of the suggestions wouldn't be possible with the smart playlist (like "on this day")

• Like 1