New releases on homescreen

computerprep

chef

I actually like the backdrops as it seems to separate the new release from the latest different look because they show duplicates so could there be something that will allow us to choose backdrop images or blu-ray dvd image look?

Hmmm... I'm not sure why primary images are not showing up on the home screen on the shield.

The plugin doesn't seem to have control over this. At least at first glance.

Punch

Hmmm... I'm not sure why primary images are not showing up on the home screen on the shield.

The plugin doesn't seem to have control over this. At least at first glance.

Seems to be the andriod tv app because I just checked the fire tv and its the same 

chef

Seems to be the andriod tv app because I just checked the fire tv and its the same

Okay, I can do more tests because I have fire tv. Be right back!

This is how the new release show on the homepage foe shield tv as I mentioned earlier will I be able to just keep this version of the plugin so I can keep the backdrop images if you make changes?

post-392507-0-60181400-1586488133_thumb.jpg

OnyxUK

Ok no worries and it's greatly appreciated Chef

I'm not sure. I think because they fit into both categories they show in both.

We might be stuck with that one.

Heyy guys, 

not to sure if this will help but this was brought up with me and chef before, i managed to slow down the copies being created untill a fix is found but the only downside is it doesnt show the row for new releases on home page secondary page it still works great and can see less doubles 

if you go to settings; home screen tab; scroll down to new releases and un-tick (Display in secondary home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching) but leave the the top one ticked 

hope this helps :) 

• Like 1

Dibbes

@@chef will this be available in the plugin catalog? not sure what the latest version is now...

Edited by Dibbes

gillmacca01

I have this installed, and everything is showing correctly, but I am unable to get into the plugins settings. All my other plugins, I am able to get into the settings.

I am running the latest beta version, if this helps

chef

I have this installed, and everything is showing correctly, but I am unable to get into the plugins settings. All my other plugins, I am able to get into the settings.

I am running the latest beta version, if this helps

Hi gillmacca01 it is most likely beta which is causing issues with this and the config.

Might have to wait and see if the API libraries update soon to fix it.

chef

@@chef will this be available in the plugin catalog? not sure what the latest version is now...

I'm not sure. Is it worth asking the bosses to put it in there??

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

chef

To follow up with Android homepages displaying thumb/backdrop images instead of primary, this seems like it is by design for channel plugins. The next up section also shows thumbs images. Im afraid this is coded at the client level and is inaccessible to any settings.

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Dibbes

I'm not sure. Is it worth asking the bosses to put it in there??

I definitely think so... for a lot of us this means less manual work and also it's a lot lighter on the DB than using the SmartPlaylist plugin  :)

• Like 2

Dibbes

a suggestion: instead or in addition to, the option of setting a minimum date, is there a possibility to set it up with the last 365 days?

• Like 1

kikinjo

Can this plugin be used maybe that admin picks movies that will be shown in new releases section or is it only limited by date filters ?

Dibbes

Can this plugin be used maybe that admin picks movies that will be shown in new releases section or is it only limited by date filters ?

better use the SmartPlaylist for that... give the movies you want to show a tag, then setup a list showing those tags only...

Punch

To follow up with Android homepages displaying thumb/backdrop images instead of primary, this seems like it is by design for channel plugins. The next up section also shows thumbs images. Im afraid this is coded at the client level and is inaccessible to any settings.

Ah ok... Well I hope the bosses will either work with you on this or give us a native solution. We could also get more control over the latest media sections on the home screen so we could move these sections where we like. 

Thanks for your work Chef

Dibbes

@@chef Funnily enough this plugin causes Emby to think that I have two versions of this movie. (I also have the Auto Movie Versions Collection installed, by the way)

FrostByte

a suggestion: instead or in addition to, the option of setting a minimum date, is there a possibility to set it up with the last 365 days?

@@chef Funnily enough this plugin causes Emby to think that I have two versions of this movie. (I also have the Auto Movie Versions Collection installed, by the way)

You must be new here :)

• Like 2

Dibbes

You must be new here :)

Yes, pretty much... I've been up to my eyeballs the last few weeks and I haven't read the whole thread... Did I miss anything?  ;)

• Like 1

FrostByte

Yes, pretty much... I've been up to my eyeballs the last few weeks and I haven't read the whole thread... Did I miss anything?  ;)

lol, no, no.  Nothing important :)

• Like 1

kikinjo

better use the SmartPlaylist for that... give the movies you want to show a tag, then setup a list showing those tags only...

Thanks for suggestion, but i wanted to display those picked movies on home screen in section like new releases and not in list, that why i asked the question.

Im heavily missing option that admn can pick / recommend content and show it on home screen in section, like that haloween section that poped up, wonder if devs can use that so that admin can customize that section, that would be nice.

Edited by kikinjo

chef

Yes, So the date increments every day by one to always show exactly the 365 days ago?

Every 29 days the plugin will increment it's month variable.

Maybe it doesn't mention that in the config..

Edited by chef

FrostByte

My original request was to use number of days to go back like 365, but chef said it had to be done this way

chef

My original request was to use number of days to go back like 365, but chef said it had to be done this way

Would we increment the days by one every day? I can code that.

Dibbes

Would we increment the days by one every day? I can code that.

It's up to you, of course... I'd prefer the 365 method, but I'm quite sure that this way is more flexible and I'd get used to it...  :)

One other thing though, and I guess that's a bug: on the Shield 2019, not all movies are shown. The web-client does show everything though...

• Like 1