New releases on homescreen

computerprep

chef

hey chef,

okay i have had a look on all devices and these are my finding...

WEB-BASE CLIENT:

---------------------------

Yes im seeing double on the home screen (only) for the tab (continue watching) and when selected as a favourite its doubled in the favourite tab.

both copies are in sync when playing/resuming marked as played or unplayed however the images are both different and not syncing apart from the primary image, ( as all my images and custom) it does sometime sync the backdrop image but rare, to test this fairly i have set the date as 01.06.2019 to show a large amount of films .

WINDOWS MEDIA THEATER AND SMART TV CLIENTS:

--------------------------

It doesn't show any double copies what so ever but where there is two copies ie [1st copy = original content] [2nd copy = copy of the original with non original images except for primary photo] .... the 2nd copy is only being showed but with the wrong images. this is for continue tab, newly released tab and favorites tab.

----------

hoping this helps chef, also would be a nice idea to try and extend this to show in the suggestions tab aswell if possible.

------------

EDIT:

just done one last check also and this happens on all clients; when selecting a actress or actor to find out what films they have been in, it doubles there.

and also when in the tab for newly released movies its not playing them in date order unless you use the sorting button, it will sort the movies by date but only when in the folder when on the home page it doesn't do that it just picks them random (still newly released ones but just not in date order)

That's not good. I'll have to read more about channel items to see if this can be fixed.

• Like 1

OnyxUK

That's not good. I'll have to read more about channel items to see if this can be fixed.

teething problems thats all but its already a fantastic plugin one that i plan to keep, im just glad you managed to make one, you really are top notch for making it, please dont take any feedback as a set back i really wonna see this plugin work so i placed in as much feedback and testing as i could :) 

• Like 2

FrostByte

I can see the same duplication of movies now.  Click on an actor and all the movies that they were in which falls into your chosen timeframe are duplicated.  I've chosen to show all movies since 4/1/2019 so I'm seeing movies from the last 12 months as my New Releases below

5e89ddd782c89_Untitled.jpg

• Like 2

chef

I can see the same duplication of movies now. Click on an actor and all the movies that they were in which falls into your chosen timeframe are duplicated. I've chosen to show all movies since 4/1/2019 so I'm seeing movies from the last 12 months as my New Releases below

5e89ddd782c89_Untitled.jpg

Yes, this is a problem. Still trying to understand how to fix this.

• Like 3

carbonbaseunit

I only see duplicates of movies I have more than one copy of.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

chef

I'm not sure exactly how to fix this. The channel is creating new items in the DB which the main library scan is picking up as their own entries.

So when you select a person to display, the item queries are seeing the new library items as standalone items, even though each duplicate shares the same item.Id.

I don't know if there will ever be away around this.

Might have to keep the main feature request open for "New Release" on clients home page.

• Like 1

OnyxUK

what about where you have the "Display in secondary home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching"  and "display on home screen"

could the  duplicates be controlled that way ? something like ...

• display on home screen
  • Display in secondary home screen sections such as latest media
  • display in continue watching on home screen 
  • display in favorites tab

chef

what about where you have the "Display in secondary home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching"  and "display on home screen"

could the  duplicates be controlled that way ? something like ...

• display on home screen
  • Display in secondary home screen sections such as latest media
  • display in continue watching on home screen 
  • display in favorites tab

I'll see what options are available. I'm not a well versed with the IChannel Interface as some of the other aspects of Emby.

• Like 3

OnyxUK

I'll see what options are available. I'm not a well versed with the IChannel Interface as some of the other aspects of Emby.

you are a lot better than me and a lot of others haha thanks chef, either way its a great plugin and will still be used :) 

• Like 1

PuffyToesToo

This!

you are a lot better than me and a lot of others haha thanks chef, either way its a great plugin and will still be used :)

• Like 1

chef

@@FrostByte and friends :)

this version contains a scheduled task that will increment the month variable of the minimum premiere date every 29 days.

The task is hidden, however there is a toggle to turn it on and off in the configuration page.

DOWNLOAD: NewReleases.zip

5e8b4f7af0000_newreleasemonthlyincrement

Edited by chef
  • Like 3

Punch

@@FrostByte and friends :)

this version contains a scheduled task that will increment the month variable of the minimum premiere date every 29 days.

The task is hidden, however there is a toggle to turn it on and off in the configuration page.

DOWNLOAD: attachicon.gifNewReleases.zip

5e8b4f7af0000_newreleasemonthlyincrement

Downloaded and placed in plugin folder, restarted server... nothing 

PuffyToesToo

I had this issue the other day. I don't know if this will be the answer to your problem, but after an hour of trying to figure it out, it was under the Access tab in each user account. 

I went under User > Access > Channel Access. I unticked 'enable access to all channels'. In there was the 'New Releases', unticked. Once I checked the box, voila! It reappeared. Hope it helps.

5e8f70552148b_55.jpg

Edited by PuffyToesToo
  • Like 1

chef

Hi there Punch,

Do you mean that the version you installed doesn't add a new channel to the home screen called "New Releases"?

Great work on the plugin in and thanks... i did have a question is there away to stop the new release content from showing in the other latest lines/rows please see the attached to see how the content is populating or being shown 2 - 3 times and if it can't be done what might be your thoughts on resolving this.

Thanks again  

post-392507-0-63598600-1586458649_thumb.png

post-392507-0-88610400-1586458657_thumb.png

Edited by STR8

chef

I had this issue the other day. I don't know if this will be the answer to your problem, but after an hour of trying to figure it out, it was under the Access tab in each user account.

I went under User > Access > Channel Access. I unticked 'enable access to all channels'. In there was the 'New Releases', unticked. Once I checked the box, voila! It reappeared. Hope it helps.

Well done!

• Like 1

Punch

Hi there Punch,

Do you mean that the version you installed doesn't add a new channel to the home screen called "New Releases"?

?

Hey, yea I don't see anything, Just tried going to users > access > channels and its not there. Doesn't the dll go into the pulgin folder ? Not sure what im missing here

Punch

Hi there Punch,

Oh lord nevermind ! It was my mistake... dropped the damned thing in the wrong place in my haste .. Hommer Simpson moment DOH !

• Like 1

chef

Oh lord nevermind ! It was my mistake... dropped the damned thing in the wrong place in my haste .. Hommer Simpson moment DOH !

Hey! Glad you got that working :)

chef

Great work on the plugin in and thanks... i did have a question is there away to stop the new release content from showing in the other latest lines/rows please see the attached to see how the content is populating or being shown 2 - 3 times and if it can't be done what might be your thoughts on resolving this.

Thanks again

I'm not sure. I think because they fit into both categories they show in both.

We might be stuck with that one.

Punch

Chef, while you're here... Home screen primary images in andriod app on my shield dont seem to come up, seems to have a thumb art prefrence. it's fine in web browser and mobile....

chef

Chef, while you're here... Home screen primary images in andriod app on my shield dont seem to come up, seems to have a thumb art prefrence. it's fine in web browser and mobile....

Okay, that I think I can fix. I'll look into it now :)

I actually like the backdrops as it seems to separate the new release from the latest different look because they show duplicates so could there be something that will allow us to choose backdrop images or blu-ray dvd image look?