New releases on homescreen

computerprep

3 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Move it to where you want it to be... I can't..!

Please just start posting these questions/issues in the plugins forum.  You can create a new topic.

Thanks.

Junglejim
16 hours ago, ebr said:

Please just start posting these questions/issues in the plugins forum.  You can create a new topic.

Thanks.

Yea I don't feel right doing that personally, it's not my plugin/project. I think it's best if @chef created the topic in the plugins section.

5 hours ago, Junglejim said:

Yea I don't feel right doing that personally, it's not my plugin/project. I think it's best if @chef created the topic in the plugins section.

He's saying create a topic for your issue with the plugin in the plugin forum.

He's not asking you to create a single topic for everyone's thoughts or issues with the plugin.

Edited by roaku
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Junglejim said:

8 hours ago, roaku said:

He's saying create a topic for your issue with the plugin in the plugin forum.

He's not asking you to create a single topic for everyone's thoughts or issues with the plugin.

TO ALL : 

Hopefully this helps with bugs and support tickets...

New Releases Plugin: 

Top Picks Plugin: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
KobayashiM

Haven't been around the forum in a while but am I correct that as of March 2023 this feature is still not available? Didn't see any other threads on this with more recent posts.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, KobayashiM said:

Haven't been around the forum in a while but am I correct that as of March 2023 this feature is still not available? Didn't see any other threads on this with more recent posts.

Just the plug mentioned above.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
KobayashiM

My guess is no considering this has been a long standing feature request. As much as I like Emby there are some puzzling basic features that are missing.

Hi guys,

Ultimately we want this to be handled by smart views where you can design your own views based on a saved filter set and sorting... however since we're not there yet, we're going to add this to the upcoming 4.8 server release as a configurable home screen section, so look for it there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

TLDR: This will be in Emby Server 4.8, and actually, it doesn't require a server release, so you'll start seeing this option in Emby apps sooner than that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

PuffyToesToo
17 hours ago, Luke said:

TLDR: This will be in Emby Server 4.8, and actually, it doesn't require a server release, so you'll start seeing this option in Emby apps sooner than that.

Excellent news, and thank you for the update!

• 1 month later...
Strider27

Just an update for those still looking for Recently Released Movies section in the Home Screen.
4.8.0.57-beta added the option to the Homescreen section in the App settings :)

WARNING: Upgrading to beta is not reversable without a proper backup. You will not be able to switch back to 4.7 stable. You should be able to switch to 4.8 stable when it is released, but no guarantees ;).

If you were using SmartPlaylist plugin to display Recent Releases on Homescreen, or for anything else for that matter, it currently does not work in 4.8, at all.

Massive thanks to @Lukeand the rest of the team.

GrimReaper
21 minutes ago, Strider27 said:

4.8.0.57-beta added the option to the Homescreen section in the App settings

It was actually added in 4.8.0.46 beta. 

Improve performance of server activity viewer
Improve language sorting
Improve performance when sorting tv shows by series date played
Fix regression in previous build when removing a library
Add new configurable home screen sections - Playlists, Collections, and Recently Released Movies
Add more fields for display in User and Device management

Thanks for all the info, though. 

Strider27
13 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

It was actually added in 4.8.0.46 beta. 

Thanks for all the info, though. 

My bad, Just updated and noticed the new section, checked the changelog for 4.8.0.57 and it was listed there, did not realise it was a cumulative changelog.

P.S. There is no option to hide watched from New Releases, unless it's elsewhere. Can this be added or is it out of scope for this?

image.png.9b212fe3c3cdf347069db43669fa3b07.png

Edited by Strider27
  • Agree 1

vdatanet
12 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Add new configurable home screen sections - Playlists, Collections, and Recently Released Movies

FR: @ebrCan you add these sections to the Android TV application? Thank you!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, vdatanet said:

Can you add these sections to the Android TV application? Thank you!

They are already there in latest beta (which is currently rolling out to release).

vdatanet
44 minutes ago, ebr said:

They are already there in latest beta (which is currently rolling out to release).

I'm using beta 2.0.98 and the sections are not available.

1 hour ago, vdatanet said:

I'm using beta 2.0.98 and the sections are not available.

My apologies.  It was the Roku beta these went in.  For these new sections on Android you will need to use the standard app at this time.

• 1 month later...