V.I.Ps

Punch

Create a VIP section where serious and dedicated users can PAY to have requests get priority instead of just and up vote. You determine how practical these requests are and we donate to have them worked on and not have them lingering for years ! This would be separate from a premiere subcription of course. So not just a general donation but on a specific request to expedite works.  

No because premiere users are paying to use the damn service period. This is purely to get priority on FEATURE REQUESTS ! Anyone pissed off by this doesnt live on this planet 

I'm sorry but I agree this would not assign proper priorities. It would make it so the people willing to pay the most always get their way.  That's not really how we want to design the system but thanks.

• Like 5

Still comes back to how do we incetivize you guys to apply requested feature a alot quicker than waiting years.... This honetly needs to be addressed without being incensitive to time and workload. Not to mention some of these plugins clearly are not being maintained as well. What can be done to improve on the service aspect ? This was a suggestion but the reason doesn't go away....

I'm sorry but I agree this would not assign proper priorities. It would make it so the people willing to pay the most always get their way.  That's not really how we want to design the system but thanks.

Not to mention some of these plugins clearly are not being maintained as well. 

If you are talking about 3rd party plug-ins well that just puts us between a rock and a hard place.  We offer the ability for 3rd parties to build extensions but we cannot control how those parties support or maintain those.  Many people will get excited about a feature and build a plug-in for it but then later lose interest (or not have as much time) and let it get stale or cannot support it.

The only thing we could do is not allow them to be created in the first place and we really don't want to do that.

We do probably need to have a more obvious way for these plug-ins to be identified as not supported by Emby.

• Like 1

Yea I figured as much where the plugins are concerned. But that was still a by the way mention. The core of this topic is what can we do to improve on the rate YOU the emby admins impliment and maintain new and existing features 

Add hours to the day...  :D

Seriously, just throwing more money at the problem doesn't really solve it (you've heard of the mythical man-month?).  This is especially true in our case since we have built Emby on the reputation of direct support from the "horse's mouth" as it were. So all the time spent out here providing direct answers to everyone does impact our development ability but we are not willing to sacrifice that at this time.  We also have the desire to maintain tight control over the design and implementation of the system (as opposed to just hiring people and handing it off).

We work very hard and do employ outside help as well but very judiciously so that we can maintain the quality we want to remain in the system.

We thank you for your support.

• Like 2

crusher11

Yea I figured as much where the plugins are concerned. But that was still a by the way mention. The core of this topic is what can we do to improve on the rate YOU the emby admins impliment and maintain new and existing features 

Buy the company.