XBMB3C 0.9.5 released!

xnappo

xnappo
Now available in the official XBMC repo!

- Auto server discovery

- Cast Images

- Actor cross-referencing

- Additional artwork and metadata during playback

- Rotating backdrops for individual items

- Default views settings (must be supported by the skin)

- TV Theme music support

- Option to disable background services

- Proper artwork support at the Series/Season/Episode levels

- New method for skin widget support

- Proper sorting for Series and BoxSets

- Present episode counts and watch/unwatched counts

- Removed skin_diffs folder - use XBMB3C skin repo instead

• Like 3

MrWebsmith

am i just a complete moron.. i only see 0.9.14 still.. i uninstalled the addon and im looking to get this new version fresh so i can test server auto-discovery

if some kind soul could kick me in the right direction thatd be great....

smh..

nm.. yes i am a moron.. but i found it

Edited by MrWebsmith

MrWebsmith

ok i figured out my confusion

i uninstalled all xbmc stuff.. including profile option.. restarted the htpc... reinstalled 13.1 gotham.. found the official 0.9.5 addon.. then when i added the 1.0.0 repo zip so that i could easily get the customized skins.. my addon then changed back to 0.9.14... is this OK/correct?

if not, is there a different method to add the skins repo that i should be doing?

my end goal is xbmc with auto server discovery/generic paths modified for movies/tv.. then aeon mq skin so i can use the set views feature...

i thought the steps would be

install xbmc  -went fine

install 0.9.5 addon from officlal repo.. went fine

install the default skin, but the mb3 version went fine

restart xbmc and then server was auto discovered YAY.. and user list prompted YAY

install repo from zip...??? not sure as it changed my addon version

install mq5 skin... also had a small issue were that never really showed a home screen until i force closed xbmc from windows task manager.. then i relaunched it and it loaded up the mq5 skin

so... how far off the intended process am i.. what suggestions/tips do you all have for a user new to xbmc like me?   is there a more updated addon repo than 1.0.0?

thanks for your patience in advance... 

xnappo

RE: 0.9.14 - No - that is bad.

@@im85288 - please update the skin repo ASAP if you can.  I didn't realize this was going to happen.

@@MrWebsmith - thank you for the info.  Other than that it looks like you are on the right track.  Different skins have different levels of XBMB3C integration - Confluence and Eminence are probably the most modified to be easy to use out of the box, but all of them are good with some tweaking. 

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

MrWebsmith

thanks for the info.. ill stand by for an updated repo zip to show

is it still best practice from your team that i do the confluence skin (custom version) first after adding the addon? then after that move to another skin?  also where in the process do you suggest doing the set views? my assumption is to hold on setting the views until you reach the skin youd like in the end.. that way you have the correct choices of its views, right?  just trying to get this down as simple as it can be so i can try to present it to mb3 users trying to make the switch to it on the client side

• Like 1

xnappo

thanks for the info.. ill stand by for an updated repo zip to show

is it still best practice from your team that i do the confluence skin (custom version) first after adding the addon? then after that move to another skin?  also where in the process do you suggest doing the set views? my assumption is to hold on setting the views until you reach the skin youd like in the end.. that way you have the correct choices of its views, right?  just trying to get this down as simple as it can be so i can try to present it to mb3 users trying to make the switch to it on the client side

I just recommended Confluence because it automatically updates the main menu(the Git version anyway) - however I think @ is still working on getting the skin repo updated.  From the current repo probably Eminence is easiest.

The view settings are separate per-skin.  So you can switch between skins and it will remember your setting for each skin separately.

We appreciate you taking notes as you go to make it easier for others!

xnappo

im85288

@@xnappo - The repo is now updated with version 0.9.5

@@MrWebsmith - you do not need the addon from the official repo when you have the xbmb3c addon repo installed, everything is automatic and it usually has the latest stable version published. The setting of the views is done using a menu item found neat the bottom of the window you see when entering the xbmb3c addon.

MrWebsmith

so is there a new zip file i need for the addon repo at this point?

xnappo

No, it should automatically update now. No new zip.

xnappo

xnappo

XBMC checked for update on restart if you want to force it.  Or you can go into the addon manager and it will check.

xnappo

SikSlayer

Congrats and thanks on this release.

This version has so many little fixes/changes/updates/additions all over the place that makes it work so much better.

• Like 1