Have to reboot Mac to restart Emby

Damien_

Damien_

So the app is definitely more responsive and I can reboot as needed. Im still running into the issue of crashing. something is happening on my end that triggers it when I interact with the metadata or the treatments plugin I think. It just crashed and I grabbed the logs/attached them here. I also included a sample below outlining the permissions error right before it crashed. 

Possibly worth noting- Looking through my previous log when it crashed was the same error with a different TV shown a different path/network storage.. The only similarity is it seems to be only happening when interacting with the server through the iOS app. This might be a coincidence but whenever I do something via the browser I haven't run into this (least not yet).

I'd be grateful for any guidance or suggestions. Thanks a lot. 

Edit- I'm getting the same error with a lot of the plugins. I attached a 2nd log showing the same error with another plugin. 

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.4.0.12
Command line: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
Operating system: Unix 18.7.0.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
System.Environment.Version: 3.1.1
Processor count: 12
Program data path: /Users/damien/emby-server
Application directory: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/Volumes/plex_media/TV/Brick City/tvshow.nfo' is denied.
---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
  at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Boolean isAsync)
  at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.SaveToFile(Stream stream, String path)
  at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.Save(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.SaveMetadata(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, ItemUpdateType updateType, IMetadataSaver[] savers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: System.Private.CoreLib
TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])
InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
Source: 
TargetSite: 

2020-02-09 10:58:17.679 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.0.158:8096/emby/Items/25067/Images/Primary?maxHeight=536&maxWidth=364&tag=0288a4969c7a0d1b8dac900d76eb89dd&quality=50. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 13_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/15E148
2020-02-09 10:58:17.695 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.0.184. Time: 16ms. http://192.168.0.158:8096/emby/Items/25067/Images/Primary?maxHeight=536&maxWidth=364&tag=0288a4969c7a0d1b8dac900d76eb89dd&quality=50
2020-02-09 10:58:22.033 Info HttpServer: HTTP OPTIONS 

embyserver 2.txt

emby_error2.txt

Edited by meatball

So the app is definitely more responsive and I can reboot as needed. Im still running into the issue of crashing. something is happening on my end that triggers it when I interact with the metadata or the treatments plugin I think. It just crashed and I grabbed the logs/attached them here. I also included a sample below outlining the permissions error right before it crashed. 

Possibly worth noting- Looking through my previous log when it crashed was the same error with a different TV shown a different path/network storage.. The only similarity is it seems to be only happening when interacting with the server through the iOS app. This might be a coincidence but whenever I do something via the browser I haven't run into this (least not yet).

I'd be grateful for any guidance or suggestions. Thanks a lot. 

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.4.0.12
Command line: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
Operating system: Unix 18.7.0.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
System.Environment.Version: 3.1.1
Processor count: 12
Program data path: /Users/damien/emby-server
Application directory: /Applications/EmbyServer.app/Contents/MacOS
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/Volumes/plex_media/TV/Brick City/tvshow.nfo' is denied.
---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
  at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)
  at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, Boolean isAsync)
  at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.SaveToFile(Stream stream, String path)
  at NfoMetadata.Savers.BaseNfoSaver.Save(BaseItem item, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.SaveMetadata(BaseItem item, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, ItemUpdateType updateType, IMetadataSaver[] savers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: System.Private.CoreLib
TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])
InnerException: System.IO.IOException: Permission denied
Source: 
TargetSite: 

2020-02-09 10:58:17.679 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.0.158:8096/emby/Items/25067/Images/Primary?maxHeight=536&maxWidth=364&tag=0288a4969c7a0d1b8dac900d76eb89dd&quality=50. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 13_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/15E148
2020-02-09 10:58:17.695 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 192.168.0.184. Time: 16ms. http://192.168.0.158:8096/emby/Items/25067/Images/Primary?maxHeight=536&maxWidth=364&tag=0288a4969c7a0d1b8dac900d76eb89dd&quality=50
2020-02-09 10:58:22.033 Info HttpServer: HTTP OPTIONS 

This snippet shows that you turned on saving to nfo files but did not ensure write access to your folders is available. So as a result it is trying to save nfo files but your file system is throwing access denied errors.

Damien_

This snippet shows that you turned on saving to nfo files but did not ensure write access to your folders is available. So as a result it is trying to save nfo files but your file system is throwing access denied errors.

Thanks for pointing that out. Weird it writes in the same folder for other things. Ill double check the permissions. 

Do you think the permissions issue with .nfo file could cause the crash?

Damien_

No I'd want to see the complete log file for that.

sorry totally thought I'd attached it previously, that's attached here. I grabbed it right after it crashed. Thanks for your help @@Happy2Play please move my posting to the testing area. thanks.

embyserver 2.txt

Edited by Luke

Damien_

FYI, removing the plugin stopped the crashing. Im getting multiple plugin errors in the logs but nothing external as far as I can tell. Ill direct this to the testing area. Thanks again