video games walkthrough / playthrough

Anixd

Hi

I have downloaded some video game Gameplay Walkthroughs in mp4 on my pc. i want emby to organise them just like movies. can you tell me how do i do it?

i have downloaded game browser plugin but it seems to work only for actual games

Correct, as those aren't games, but videos, I would just set them up in a library of type home videos.

Please let us know if this helps.

cant you just enable gamesdb as a plugin for movies like you have done for animedb?

The problem is that doesn't really make any sense...  games and movies are completely different things and we would probably get people enabling it and then getting all kinds of incorrect matching results.

What do you do if you have multiple videos of the same game?

sir 

i dont think there will be much problem like animedb plugin is only installed by users who watch anime and can also be disabled in the library for that folder same can be done here

for multiple videos of same game, it can be like multi part movie 

for your reference i am attaching a video game movie link 

kindly have a look

• 3 years later...
brahmasick1

The MP4 format is a video format, so you haven't downloaded games but gameplay. You can watch it on your computer or any other device. By the way, metadata that can be useful for your browser or games can be found on the most famous sites. Of course, you can check this with a VPN if you want. I've never heard of gamesdb providing metadata. Is it free? Even posters? I thought such things were supposed to be monetized. I wouldn't want anyone downloading my skins from skincashier.com for free. I create skins in CS Go to make money, not for people to steal them. Pirates! I prefer to buy whatever I need because content creators don't like leaks, guys.

Edited by brahmasick1

• 1 year later...
Gyrookah

Organizing game walkthroughs with Emby is a neat idea. While the game browser plugin might focus on actual games, have you tried using metadata management? Tagging them as movies might help.

Gyrookah
On 11/9/2023 at 2:55 PM, Gyrookah said:

Organizing game walkthroughs with Emby is a neat idea. While the game browser plugin might focus on actual games, have you tried using metadata management? Tagging them as movies might help.

Also, speaking of organization, stumbled upon this CS2 market lately—might find some cool stuff for your gaming setup.

10 hours ago, HamzaSchneider said:

Even though this thread is from four years ago, the question about organizing video game gameplay walkthroughs on Emby is still relevant. While some details about Emby and plugins may have changed over time, the general approach to organizing your media library remains the same.

Hi, what is your question?

46 minutes ago, HamzaSchneider said:

Additionally, if you've been exploring financial management over the years, you might want to check out turbo debt relief reviews for any recent insights or updates on managing your finances effectively. Regardless of the thread's age, these principles can still guide you in achieving your goal of organizing your video game walkthroughs on Emby like movies.

Cool link. I too also for to have a link for sharing.

With you.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jg5qy8/reddit-moderators-brace-for-a-chatgpt-spam-apocalypse