what about a spotlight in the web client... like this...?

chef

• 1 month later...
SneakyFeet

Are there any updates regarding a Featured / Spotlight section? This is something that I have been wanting for my server for awhile now to better inform my users of new larger titles that have been added. I also made a mockup concept image just to see how it would it could look.

test1.png

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

rbjtech

There is some progress being made on this - the use of existing 'banners' produces reasonable results - with a 'spotlight' of 2 or 3 titles.    There are multiple threads on this for 'Recommendations / Spotlight / Watchlist' etc - they are effectively all the same thing - a row of items pulled from the main collection to 'bring to the top' of the pile.

I have no ETA's - but this is being looked at but it's not top of the priority list - in summary,  there is no easy way to get placement of the image above 'My media' nor is there any easy way to get a single full width banner using existing metadata.

• Thanks 1

kikinjo
3 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

There is some progress being made on this - the use of existing 'banners' produces reasonable results - with a 'spotlight' of 2 or 3 titles.    There are multiple threads on this for 'Recommendations / Spotlight / Watchlist' etc - they are effectively all the same thing - a row of items pulled from the main collection to 'bring to the top' of the pile.

I have no ETA's - but this is being looked at but it's not top of the priority list - in summary,  there is no easy way to get placement of the image above 'My media' nor is there any easy way to get a single full width banner using existing metadata.

There is a Halloween spotlight that can be used for this as a starting point. Also this feature was requested million times already for all emby clients. This should be prioritized and delivered.

• Like 4

rbjtech
48 minutes ago, kikinjo said:

There is a Halloween spotlight that can be used for this as a starting point. Also this feature was requested million times already for all emby clients. This should be prioritized and delivered.

Themes are unfortunately custom written for each client - thus not a particularly good platform for this sort of thing.

That being said - The Holiday and Halloween do trigger an extra 'row' of Suggestions under the My media row  - so it would be useful to know how that is triggered as it could be used for other purposes .. 

Armageus
On 07/04/2022 at 06:25, SneakyFeet said:

Are there any updates regarding a Featured / Spotlight section? This is something that I have been wanting for my server for awhile now to better inform my users of new larger titles that have been added. I also made a mockup concept image just to see how it would it could look.

test1.png

Because you can't just tell your close friends/family that you've added some new (illegally obtained) content?

chef
On 4/7/2022 at 1:25 AM, SneakyFeet said:

test1.png

The banner looks awesome.  It would be very cool to see something like that on all the clients.

• Agree 3

rbjtech
8 hours ago, chef said:

The banner looks awesome.  It would be very cool to see something like that on all the clients.

Hi @chef - did you get anywhere on the Plugin for this (re our 'Recommendations PM's) - Yes it won't be a full screen poster (and never will be, unless custom designed or a strip copied out a background) but using existing 'banners' works pretty well to give you 2-3 'spotlight' items - which look very different from the other posters on the main page.

Maybe lets re-engage on that ? 

• Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
zarejosin
On 4/7/2022 at 12:28 PM, kikinjo said:

Totally agree with you. I am working in the IT sector and I know a lot of people and their profiles. The emby team seems to be a group of hard core Devs where the focus is more to challemge the technicaly than fullfill the "market" needs. Everything mus be 105% preplanned and working in theory before they start 1 line of code. This will destroy the product completely. My request for a simple push notification for phones is raised since years, nothing happens. There is also no roadmap. Alao this, as you said even if 50% is there, they could use this 2 years and do it, instead they nedd more time to explain it to us why is it not working. Its a bit disappointing.

To contribute: If there is no "large" image for one big long spoglight than do 2x 50% spotlights or a widget which is splittet  with a cool / split having some descripton and title as a layer next to the banner and you have a cool feature. See attached example. With css or overlay picture this is an easy thing.

b40f2bb2c0ec64267952d0448482b52f.thumb.jpg.e32ca03c8e5c9373ed5f35f29dfe308d.jpg

Edited by zarejosin

• 2 weeks later...
BaiGanJia
emby轮播海报实现思路,给有缘人,如果你看到并且对你有帮助,不客气。
搭建另一个轮播的网页,引用这个网站的frame框架到emby内部,就行了。
你甚至可以把爱奇艺首页搬进emby,但是那样是无法实现点击标题跳转到emby的媒体页面的,必须给每个URL一个media item ID,然后才能跳转到对应ID的媒体页面。
所以这个首页轮播的网页只能你自己搭建,设置自己的item ID。
并且,因为同一部片子,在不同的emby服务器上的ID 也不同,
也就是说这个网站搭建了以后,只能给你自己用,给别人引用,也是实现不了点击跳转的,因为Url跳转的itemID跟他数据库的ID对不上。

1.thumb.jpg.55a138d92bf9ab995bd47081e4c84d34.jpg

Edited by BaiGanJia
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

chef

I've been watching this guy build a Netflix clone using react. It's pretty neat. 

Netflix uses backdrops as their main spotlight, but I rather like the layout that apple tv uses more.

I got me thinking that you could create the spotlight banner using a backdrop, and flex the logo as an overlay somehow to create a custom banner. 

Edited by chef

zarejosin
2 minutes ago, chef said:

I've been watching this guy build a Netflix clone using react. It's pretty neat. 

Netflix uses backdrops as their main spotlight, but I rather like the layout that apple tv uses more.

I got me thinking that you could create the spotlight banner using a backdrop, and flex the logo as an overlay somehow to create a custom banner. 

Absolutely cool! And emby on Nvidia Shield has this functionality I don't know why they dont enable this for all apps.

I have posted here a screenshot of it:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chef said:

That's not a spotlight.  That is showing details for the currently selected item and, as mentioned, the Android TV, Fire TV and Roku apps have this same layout (basically) because I also copied it from Netflix :).

• Like 1

chef
10 minutes ago, ebr said:

That's not a spotlight.  That is showing details for the currently selected item and, as mentioned, the Android TV, Fire TV and Roku apps have this same layout (basically) because I also copied it from Netflix :).

Yeah, I'm quite happy with the FireTV app. It looks really great. My parents use the android app (which is the same). It bakes itself into the TV OS a little more with suggestions on the tv home page. I know Amazon makes it a little difficult to do the same.

I've recently learned how to use the Echo show 15 widgets, and I'm going to get emby cycling through on it (a discussion for another time perhaps).

👍

Edited by chef

• 11 months later...
FancyNerd92

How can I make the Spotlight for mine? I have Samsung TVs with Tizen App. I tried to find something on Plugins but nothing. Please give me a clue! Thanks!

• 6 months later...
xxAmigoxx
On 10/5/2021 at 7:50 PM, Bearloverpr said:

Any news guys?

Simple will be the idea, let the user upload any image and just allow to link it to a play list or a specific movie/series. no more than 6 or 7 items.

Emby1.thumb.jpg.924287272def0223ad5a6ba65bdf74d5.jpg

And to turn it on and off if they want to. Off by default for people that does not know how to use it.

Emby2.thumb.jpg.d37a50bf967b58a01000e6c0075f22a9.jpg

can I have the css for this? the sliding movies at top? 

On 4/7/2022 at 8:25 AM, SneakyFeet said:

test1.png

I like your emby logo at the top left with the green triangle in the E. This is why I use the android emby clients on all my tv's for the big backdrops at the top of the screen, looks more professional to me.

On 11/20/2021 at 12:52 AM, rbjtech said:

In 'Home Screen' - Library Order, just put the 'Spotlight' library at the top ... ;)

Capture.PNG.5697b68b8d7d2bf8e959f5346989706a.PNG

This uses the 'Latest media' functionality - so if you have 'Latest media' as the first in your CLIENT home screen, then it will always be at the top .. ;)

(or after 'My media' in the example below ..)

Capture1.PNG.8e6c2a003d7014eb0e5f47cf668313dd.PNG

I don't have a spotlight on mine, how can I do this? thanks.

rbjtech
4 hours ago, Woken said:

I don't have a spotlight on mine, how can I do this? thanks.

That's just the Library name - manually created by me during testing ... ;) 

On 11/30/2023 at 7:19 PM, rbjtech said:

That's just the Library name - manually created by me during testing ... ;) 

Explain please, I would like to have a spotlight setup so I can use some bigger backdrops thank you so much.

I use android emby app.

On 11/20/2021 at 12:35 AM, arrbee99 said:

I like. I was just trying to reproduce it here (what can I say, it takes a while...). It would be nice to make it more available.

I should mention I do have a soft spot for my own home page at the moment though, even though its not clickable or anything -

350736632_EmbyHomePagebackground9.thumb.JPG.d7572355ed3d085660220bf939f0b702.JPG

I keep coming back to this backdrop, sure would be nice to have this as is on a fire tv stick is all I'm saying.

@WokenIn that image above... where is focus? Nothing appears to have focus and is not a TV view. For a TV view one of the elements needs to have a visible focus highlight/element. If the backdrop shown above was to have focus there should be a title and a play button for said backdrop shown above the Row. If the Row has focus one of the items in the row should have something different about it primarily around the edge. I get where you are going but that design isn't fully fleshed out.

Edited by speechles

If I had a mini pc connected to my 85inch tv running windows 10 or 11 could I not just pair a fire tv stick remote to that pc and use the browser as my emby client hrmmm. If I put it in fullscreen how cool could that be I wonder, even a hdmi pc stick perhaps. Apply your own custom css to the interface, could I set this so it only effects a certain user and not everyone connecting to emby? Maybe an option who knows.

arrbee99

Yep, that dinosaur thing is just one image that you can't select and can't cycle through. Every time you want to change it you have to change the css that fetches it.

I'd imagine if you run the browser on your TV you'd have more transcoding going on as well when it comes to playing stuff...

Do you have the enhanced home screen on your Fire TV enabled ?

9 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Yep, that dinosaur thing is just one image that you can't select and can't cycle through. Every time you want to change it you have to change the css that fetches it.

I'd imagine if you run the browser on your TV you'd have more transcoding going on as well when it comes to playing stuff...

Do you have the enhanced home screen on your Fire TV enabled ?

I just like that backdrop of yours actually, I wouldn't even change it. Enhanced is not an option in mine as I use the android client app now it just looks way better except for the funny thing it does while scrolling through live tv guide.