what about a spotlight in the web client... like this...?

chef

arrbee99
12 hours ago, Marijuana said:

OH Sweet jesus this looks sexy as hell, that's how emby should look 🤩 That makes me excited seeing the work you guys did in just a couple days. The jurassic park one OH MY GOD now that looks like my style haha I love that and the one just below that it looks perfect. Arrbee99 you are amazing 🤩

I finally succumbed and put my css up here -

You might not like most/any/all of it of course. It has a bit in it near the end (the Moving My Media Down section) to either show an online image you pick (such as a Jurassic World one) which would be fixed till you change it, or it'll show a random background of your existing media. You'll have to comment out stuff and un-comment out stuff too swap between the two.

Lots of other bits obviously.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Marijuana

Arrbee99 Thanks for the work you did an amazing job :)  Will this work on my fire stick devices after I add that ? I don't use the computer to watch emby I only use fire stick. I might install emby server on a laptop to try this first so I don't screw up my main server.

rodainas
26 minutes ago, Marijuana said:

Arrbee99 Thanks for the work you did an amazing job :)  Will this work on my fire stick devices after I add that ? I don't use the computer to watch emby I only use fire stick. I might install emby server on a laptop to try this first so I don't screw up my main server.

This only works on the webapp.

Marijuana
40 minutes ago, rodainas said:

This only works on the webapp.

Are you serious 🤨  Well that's no good for me then. All excited for nothing! Great job nevertheless.

I propose to the devs,  the option of have a new style of enhanced home screen on emby devices. 😁

A banner style spotlight. 

Wouldn't that be a good idea? 😃

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

arrbee99
2 hours ago, chef said:

I propose to the devs,  the option of have a new style of enhanced home screen on emby devices. 😁

A banner style spotlight. 

Wouldn't that be a good idea? 😃

Stranger things have indeed happened (though mostly on the X-files, which we all know was actually a documentary series...)

• Like 1

arrbee99
4 hours ago, Marijuana said:

Are you serious 🤨  Well that's no good for me then. All excited for nothing! Great job nevertheless.

btw, have you tried a few of the display options in the Fire TV app, particularly the one that shows media details as you scroll down through the lists on the home page (can't remember what its called unfortunately)...

GrimReaper
30 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

btw, have you tried a few of the display options in the Fire TV app, particularly the one that shows media details as you scroll down through the lists on the home page (can't remember what its called unfortunately)...

That would be "Enhanced Home Screen" under Settings>General Display. 

rbjtech
18 hours ago, Marijuana said:

If you are referring to the CSS, then yes, this only works for the Web App / Browser - but the other 'Spotlight' features work for all clients - fire stick included. 

There are some pics of how it looks earlier in the thread.

Marijuana
18 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

Oh yeah I'm using those settings on fire sticks, rokus as Grim said enhanced features but I want more. After Luke posted that pic I have been trying to replicate that on every and anything even installed kodi again 🥺 I installed every media server I could find and not one comes even close to being as good as emby.

Edited by Marijuana

Marijuana
4 hours ago, rbjtech said:

If you are referring to the CSS, then yes, this only works for the Web App / Browser - but the other 'Spotlight' features work for all clients - fire stick included. 

There are some pics of how it looks earlier in the thread.

I want it like Luke posted or arrbee99 posted.

img.png

arrbee99

As has no doubt been mentioned (or you've seen), the closest you'll get is Emby Theater in desktop mode (think its desktop mode...).

You can sideload a version of that from here -

but I'm not completely sure if that a Fire TV type version. Anyone else know ?

rodainas
1 hour ago, arrbee99 said:

As has no doubt been mentioned (or you've seen), the closest you'll get is Emby Theater in desktop mode (think its desktop mode...).

You can sideload a version of that from here -

but I'm not completely sure if that a Fire TV type version. Anyone else know ?

Tv Mode with horizontal homescreen used on Theater or Emby for Android.

The firetv has an Androidtv version, but the mobile version can be easily sideloaded  that’s right.

Marijuana

I will just wait until Luke and emby team make a proper version :)  I'm a hardcore emby fan but just like any software we get a little bored from time to time and want new options and an updated fresher looking media experience. I'm buying a premier lifetime serial number tomorrow after seeing the other options out there it's a no brainer I'm sticking with emby with or without the banner mod.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Marijuana
On 11/18/2021 at 5:50 PM, Luke said:

One challenge with this display on a wide screen, as much as I love it, is we don't have artwork for it that is a perfect match. The banner image type is the closest in aspect ratio, but won't look sharp if we have to blow it up and increase it in size. Or we could take a middle portion of the backdrop image, but I already know the complaints we'll get over having to crop it.

In portrait orientation, on a smart phone for example, there would be no problem though.

But the more I look at it on Apple TV, the more I want it in Emby, so I'd like to try and find a way.

Did you find a way yet 😀  Personally I know you can do this in fact you can do this better than apple has done it, your like a one man army on steroids. 

img.jpg

Marijuana

Is there not anyone here that can do this ? Let us add our own banners at the top of emby ? Is it that hard to do ? I want a banner I want to add a few pics like amazon fire stick has up on the top what is the deal guys ?

Marijuana
On 11/29/2021 at 2:35 PM, STR8 said:

That looks amazing! WOW! 

I know that's why I want Luke to make it 🙂 I got my serial number life subscription pass so I'm happy about that now just need banner support :)

Marijuana

@Luke I will etransfer you $100 if you do this. I purchased my serial number also to support emby team :) please can you do this for us please :(

picture.jpg

Marijuana

Can you at least do something like this ? very simple slider allow emby users to add their own images so it shows on their server even if it's just 3 images on the banner that changes after a second or 2. Take a look please https://wowslider.com/bootstrap-carousel-example-shift-demo.html

That would add to the look of emby, so simple yet it would look fantastic am I right ?

This would look amazing no ? https://wowslider.com/bootstrap-carousel-example-shift-demo.html

Now honestly how many people would like this on their emby ? It doesn't even need to be clickable just 3 pics we as users can add for our own banners that show on our own servers for emby clients!!!

Armageus
17 minutes ago, Marijuana said:

Now honestly how many people would like this on their emby ? It doesn't even need to be clickable just 3 pics we as users can add for our own banners that show on our own servers for emby clients!!!

Honestly couldn't care less - there are far more important things that need implementing imo. Feature requests imo need a dislike button

• Like 1

Marijuana
11 hours ago, Armageus said:

Honestly couldn't care less - there are far more important things that need implementing imo. Feature requests imo need a dislike button

You seem to be having a grumpy day, thanks for taking the time to post.

• Like 1

vdatanet
On 12/1/2021 at 1:58 PM, Marijuana said:

@Luke I will etransfer you $100 if you do this.

Too cheap for custom development.

Marijuana
7 hours ago, vdatanet said:

Too cheap for custom development.

I'm not rich 😁 but you are probably right. I know there are lots of things the emby team are working on I just seen the cool pics that people here posted and got excited 😀  I'm just waiting for Luke to say it's on his to do list 😊 maybe for christmas !

santalist.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2