Missing Logo for channel

IkeTaylor11

IkeTaylor11

More channels with missing logo, all in the USA-DISH613-DEFAULT lineup. Channels listed below. Please have GN address these.

009 KMSPDT - this shows the regular Fox logo, not the Fox HD logo as it should

133 IFCHD - no logo

418 FSMSATH - no logo

420 DFSOHD - no logo

427 FSOH2HD - no logo

431 STOHD - no logo

439 FSSDHD - no logo

Please let us know if they are still not there tomorrow.  I believe GN does a lot of this stuff on Fridays.

Thanks.

IkeTaylor11

Please let us know if they are still not there tomorrow. I believe GN does a lot of this stuff on Fridays.

Thanks.

No change today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IkeTaylor11

@@Luke and @@ebr, I just ran my guide update task and haven’t seen a change. I also discovered that the logo is technically there, it’s just a generic image. The image I see for each channel is attached. The issue this is causing is Emby doesn’t take the channel logo from my m3u when using guide data. So the only option is to have GN update their logos. Not sure why they don’t have the correct channel logos, I was able to find them online in a matter of minutes.

a6990561e8ec26bb4f84d7010df5cd29.jpg

IkeTaylor11

Try removing the existing images.

I removed that generic image before I ran the guide update task. It put the same generic image back as the channel logo on each channel I removed it from.

They are looking into it.

What you have to realize is that the universe of this data is HUGE and, in the end, there are just people that have to gather, validate, organize and disseminate that information.

Thanks.

IkeTaylor11

They are looking into it.

What you have to realize is that the universe of this data is HUGE and, in the end, there are just people that have to gather, validate, organize and disseminate that information.

Thanks.

Yes I get that which is why I haven’t really pushed this issue. Just responding to give results. Wish the logo in the m3u could take precedence over the generic channel logo though. I think it’s the same link on every channel for that image. If there’s anyway to do a check in the code to see if the m3u has a logo vs using the generic image. Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

GN says the logos are there so we need to figure out why you aren't seeing them.

As for the Fox one, they say their logo is correct (it is the one they are supposed to show).

IkeTaylor11

GN says the logos are there so we need to figure out why you aren't seeing them.

As for the Fox one, they say their logo is correct (it is the one they are supposed to show).

They are saying they are there because it is in fact there, it’s a generic logo though. The one I posted earlier. It’s not the actual channel logos.

No, they aren't generic.  For example:

420 DFSOHD - no logo 61092 http://demo.tmsimg.com/assets/s75970_ll_h3_aa.png                   427 FSOH2HD - no logo 63840 http://demo.tmsimg.com/assets/s63840_ll_h3_aa.png                   431 STOHD - no logo 49848 http://demo.tmsimg.com/assets/s49848_ll_h3_aa.png    

IkeTaylor11

No, they aren't generic. For example:

420 DFSOHD - no logo 61092 http://demo.tmsimg.com/assets/s75970_ll_h3_aa.png 427 FSOH2HD - no logo 63840 http://demo.tmsimg.com/assets/s63840_ll_h3_aa.png 431 STOHD - no logo 49848 http://demo.tmsimg.com/assets/s49848_ll_h3_aa.png

My IPTV channels have been down all week I can verify those tonight or tomorrow. But, the original channel I opened this post about has the generic logo. And I have deleted and reloaded channels multiple times this week.

4d4332555856ed2eb9b7e5eab55e2114.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
mark-in-dallas

I had the same problem and was able to easily fix it by removing the generic images in Emby, insuring that the channel was mapped correctly and then refreshing the guide data. 

As to the IPTV service being down, that is probably due to the Xtreams take down, which affected around 95% of IPTV providers. My IPTV service just started working again yesterday.  I do have a couple of IPTV channels that weren't mapped in the Embu Guide data for the selected source, which I was able to map correctly by removing those channels from the M3U file and creating a new one with only those channels, then selecting XmlTV as the source and remapping them to a different EPG provider.  For instance, my guess is that if you check the mapping for 009 KMSPDT it is probably mapped incorrectly.

I hope this is helpful.

Edited by mark-in-dallas

IkeTaylor11

Is this still the case?

Just removed image and reloaded guide data, generic image is still on the channel.

• 2 weeks later...
cybergrimes

I have loads of channels without logos, even my retail Tivo box use to suffer from this and getting logos added was a huge PITA

so with Emby I just do an image search with Google or Bing to find a logo I like (a PNG with a transparent background looks best) and replace it like you would a movie poster, etc

It's so much easier than waiting for a fix and you'll get a clean look in your guide data (40 OTA channels here and all have logos now)

in some cases you can even find logos for your areas specific affiliates rather than the large national logo, those are kind of fun

Edited by cybergrimes