Missing Metadata?

t2x

Hi,

My Emby Server is running on QNAP

My Emby Client  is running on Android TV

I would like to ask a few questions about metadata in the forum because I noticed that some are not showing / downloading

maybe it's a consequence of:

- I have wrong setup, then I would like to ask for help

- Plugin bug?

- (yet) lack of functionality

Metadata:

1) Movies

- I noticed that in the actor / actress detail there is only the date of birth and place of birth (eg Michael Douglas) in the description, while the IMDB or TvMovieDB contain a lot of extra information (CV, ...), other data aren't downloaded or is it some kind of bug ?

Movie Library has set up Czech language.

2) Music

- no metadata about the album (song list only) or about music-band is downloaded (these data are on MusicBrainz, TvAudioDb, Last.fm)

- does not have a TvAudioDb identifier (does this plugin work?)

- I had (05/2019) running to test Emby Server on Windows and I know the data was there

there were metadata in the album.nfo file:

<album> (empty now)

<outline> (empty now)

<audiodbartistid> (does not exist in the file now)

<audiodbalbumid> (does not exist in the file now)

Music Library has setup up English language (originally Czech language but I changed it to English because there are very few translations to Czech / Slovak)

preferences of scrabbers

MusicBrainz

TvAudioDb

Last.fm

Proposal: Would be possible to download information about the Actor / Actress / Album / Group / Singer / Singer for example also from Wikipedia?

Thank you

T2

- I noticed that in the actor / actress detail there is only the date of birth and place of birth (eg Michael Douglas) in the description, while the IMDB or TvMovieDB contain a lot of extra information (CV, ...), other data aren't downloaded or is it some kind of bug ?

Hi, we use MovieDb. What other info are you looking to see?

Happy2Play

https://www.themoviedb.org/person/3392-michael-douglas?language=en-US

for example Biography, CV?

Actor Detail looks very sterile and austere, there is one photo and date/place of birth ;-)

What about missing metadata about singers and albums?

But if your library language is set to Czech, and there is no translation for the actor in that language what should Emby do?

5d76d9ebc9db2_actor.jpg

I don't believe there is a fallback option if specific information is not available in your selected language.

As for for missing information about singers and albums you would need to go over specific examples, but I see you referenced you changed languages so did you do a Refresh All on the music library?

Edited by Happy2Play

Hi, 

Every time I change my library settings, I do a refresh.

Example: 

AC/DC

https://musicbrainz.org/artist/66c662b6-6e2f-4930-8610-912e24c63ed1

album Black Ice

https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/afca53c1-c5b3-3f91-8590-281b0aa12722

and pictures from Emby (version 4.3.0.7)

ARTIST

5d77f6c2ce7d3_ac_dc.png

ALBUM

5d77f6e53488a_black_ice.png

Album.NFO (There are no review, no outline, no the audio db tags)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<album>
  <review />
  <outline />
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2019-09-01 23:33:25</dateadded>
  <title>Black Ice</title>
  <year>2008</year>
  <premiered>2008-10-17</premiered>
  <releasedate>2008-10-17</releasedate>
  <runtime>56</runtime>
  <genre>Hard Rock</genre>
  <studio>Columbia</studio>
  <musicbrainzalbumid>854f6ebe-dd3a-3247-8add-f30b94e9a3a7</musicbrainzalbumid>
  <musicbrainzalbumartistid>66c662b6-6e2f-4930-8610-912e24c63ed1</musicbrainzalbumartistid>
  <musicbrainzreleasegroupid>afca53c1-c5b3-3f91-8590-281b0aa12722</musicbrainzreleasegroupid>
  <art>
    <poster>Hudba\AC DC\(2008) Black Ice\folder.jpg</poster>
  </art>
  <artist>AC/DC</artist>
  <albumartist>AC/DC</albumartist>
  <track>
    <position>1</position>
    <title>Rock 'n' Roll Train</title>
    <duration>04:21</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>2</position>
    <title>Skies on Fire</title>
    <duration>03:34</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>3</position>
    <title>Big Jack</title>
    <duration>03:57</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>4</position>
    <title>Anything Goes</title>
    <duration>03:22</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>5</position>
    <title>War Machine</title>
    <duration>03:09</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>6</position>
    <title>Smash 'n' Grab</title>
    <duration>04:06</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>7</position>
    <title>Spoilin' for a Fight</title>
    <duration>03:17</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>8</position>
    <title>Wheels</title>
    <duration>03:28</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>9</position>
    <title>Decibel</title>
    <duration>03:33</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>10</position>
    <title>Stormy May Day</title>
    <duration>03:10</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>11</position>
    <title>She Likes Rock 'n' Roll</title>
    <duration>03:52</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>12</position>
    <title>Money Made</title>
    <duration>04:15</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>13</position>
    <title>Rock 'n' Roll Dream</title>
    <duration>04:40</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>14</position>
    <title>Rocking All the Way</title>
    <duration>03:22</duration>
  </track>
  <track>
    <position>15</position>
    <title>Black Ice</title>
    <duration>03:25</duration>
  </track>
</album>

In 05/2019 when i was testing Emby on Windows I saw review and outline of album.

There was as review this article from musizbrains:

Black Ice is the 15th studio album by Australian hard rock band AC/DC. It was the band's fourteenth internationally released studio album and the fifteenth in Australia. Released internationally on 17 October 2008, it was produced by Brendan O'Brien. It marked the band's first original recordings since 2000's Stiff Upper Lip, with the eight-year gap being the longest between AC/DC's successive studio albums. Black Ice has the longest running time of any AC/DC studio album.

The album's development was delayed because bass guitarist Cliff Williams sustained an injury and the band changed labels from Elektra Records to Sony Music Entertainment. The first composing sessions between guitarists/brothers Angus and Malcolm Young were in London in 2003. Recording happened during March and April 2008 at The Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. O'Brien tried to recapture the rock sound of the band's early work, as opposed to the blues orientation of Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip, with suggestions such as adding "soul crooning" to Brian Johnson's singing. The songs were mostly recorded live in the studio; engineer Mike Fraser used only sparse overdubs and effects to keep the tracks as close to the originals as possible.

Black Ice was released exclusively in physical formats, as the group did not sell its music digitally at the time. Walmart got exclusive rights to distribute the album in North America. Its release was promoted with an extensive marketing campaign, which included displays of AC/DC memorabilia. The four singles issued from the album were, "Rock 'n' Roll Train", "Big Jack", "Anything Goes", and "Money Made". Black Ice peaked at number one in 29 countries, including Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany and the United States. It was the second best-selling record of 2008, behind Coldplay's Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends and had shipped 6 million copies worldwide by December. Critical reviews were generally positive, praising the music and its resemblance to the classic AC/DC sound, although some critics found the work too long and inconsistent. The track "War Machine" won the Best Hard Rock Performance category at the Grammys. The album itself was nominated for many awards, including the Grammy, Brit, Juno and ARIA Music Awards; and was supported by a world tour between 2008 and 2010.

Black Ice is the final album to feature the Back in Black-era lineup of the band, with founding rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young leaving the band in September 2014 after being diagnosed with dementia, eventually dying from the illness in 2017. Additionally, all other members of this line-up other than Angus Young left by the end of 2016 shortly after the release of the band's follow up album, Rock or Bust.

Thanks for helping

We fetch the overview from audiodb. Currently this is disabled on linux due to a defect in the .net core runtime that causes the server to crash. This will be re-enabled soon following the release of .net core 3.0. Thanks.

• 3 years later...
eeeeeesy
3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

What is you preferred provider? If TMDB as most commonly, there's no "Suspense" genre:

Genres - Movie Bible — The Movie Database (TMDB) (themoviedb.org)

It'd go under Keywords - Emby doesn't scrape keywords. 

yeah i think mine are all set to tmdb. what should i set it to then?

Edited by eeeeeesy

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

i wouldnt be able to add suspense to 5000 movies i think

Why? Don't think Vic's plugin has any item limit. @VicMoore

Or you can do it in batches of 1000 if 5000 is too unwieldy.

VicMoore

I have tested adding tags and genres to over 7000 movies at a time. It takes a few minutes, but does work. If it doesn't work for you, I will fix the problem ASAP.

Vic

Edited by VicMoore
  • Like 1