Group by Country

slyfox

• 3 weeks later...

Sort By Decade already exists so turning this into the country one.

Thanks.

The link shows people requesting "Sort By Decade" I don't see this option anywhere in Emby. 

Unless you mean, the subject title changed to filter by country. 

Edited by slyfox

The link shows people requesting "Sort By Decade" I don't see this option anywhere in Emby. 

Unless you mean, the subject title changed to filter by country. 

This request was created asking for two different things.  It is impossible to track feature requests for multiple items and one of the items requested already had an existing request.  So I turned this into a request for the one that didn't already exist.

• 5 months later...

To add,  I would love if Country was a tab at the top like "Genre" is.  

So that would actually be "group by" as opposed to filter by.  I suspect that is actually what is wanted here...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
242Movies

For those who live in a small country where the number of movies is relatively small you can edit the metadata for movies and add your country as a genre.

Then you can browse to those movies under genres. I've done this also with IMDB Top 250, Best Picture Winners, Best Director Winners, Skate Videos and others.

It's a very useful way to sort collections and if you save metadata as nfo files in the movie folder it is also persistent across multiple installations.

If you ever move those movies to a new server that genre info will be picked back up again.

vHEMtyZ0_t.jpg

Edited by 242Movies

Hmmm... I wonder if maybe adding country and decade as options to genre cleaner might be worthwhile...?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
chander421

Coming from Plex, deeply missing the "by country" (and by studio) filter(s) :(

Though, if I remember correctly, emby allowed this kind of sorting a few years ago...

Edited by chander421
  • Like 1

visproduction

I use manual tags for foreign films and also make a collection for each country.  It is not in genres, but both collection and tags show up in the movie page, so users can easily click to see more movies from this country, either the collection or the tag.  The Collection art card shows up below the actors, which makes it easy to spot, but it's further down the page.  I think I have more control.  If the country shows up in genres, then a click would open all libraries.  And I am not sure you can pull the country automatically from imdb by scraping the data.  The country of origin is in a different place.

I like using a local attractive young lady from each country. as the collection and tag art.1191295866_UsingCollectionandtagsforeigncountries.jpg.b9450301b4ef91acaeeec02ea0a42d07.jpg

slyfox
Just now, visproduction said:

I use manual tags for foreign films and also make a collection for each country.  It is not in genres, but both collection and tags show up in the movie page, so users can easily click to see more movies from this country, either the collection or the tag.  The Collection art card shows up below the actors, which makes it easy to spot, but it's further down the page.  I think I have more control.  If the country shows up in genres, then a click would open all libraries.  And I am not sure you can pull the country automatically from imdb by scraping the data.  The country of origin is in a different place.

I like using a local attractive young lady from each country. as the collection and tag art.

Do you store foreign films in a separate folder on your hard drive?

Bigmack3000
2 hours ago, visproduction said:

I have it all mixed in, but I only have about 30 foreign films.

Tags are a nice tool, but yea only 30 movies helps a lot there.  I probably have over 1500.  

Emby should be reading the metadata for country, and then allow me to group them with that. Then let me select all within that group and tag all for the same country at once. 

• Agree 1

chander421

The tag thing is nice, but when you have thousands of movies and no way to bulk edit them, well...

Edited by chander421