Group by Country

slyfox

• 3 weeks later...

Sort By Decade already exists so turning this into the country one.

Thanks.

The link shows people requesting "Sort By Decade" I don't see this option anywhere in Emby. 

Unless you mean, the subject title changed to filter by country. 

Edited by slyfox

The link shows people requesting "Sort By Decade" I don't see this option anywhere in Emby. 

Unless you mean, the subject title changed to filter by country. 

This request was created asking for two different things.  It is impossible to track feature requests for multiple items and one of the items requested already had an existing request.  So I turned this into a request for the one that didn't already exist.

• 5 months later...

To add,  I would love if Country was a tab at the top like "Genre" is.  

So that would actually be "group by" as opposed to filter by.  I suspect that is actually what is wanted here...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
242Movies

For those who live in a small country where the number of movies is relatively small you can edit the metadata for movies and add your country as a genre.

Then you can browse to those movies under genres. I've done this also with IMDB Top 250, Best Picture Winners, Best Director Winners, Skate Videos and others.

It's a very useful way to sort collections and if you save metadata as nfo files in the movie folder it is also persistent across multiple installations.

If you ever move those movies to a new server that genre info will be picked back up again.

vHEMtyZ0_t.jpg

Edited by 242Movies

Hmmm... I wonder if maybe adding country and decade as options to genre cleaner might be worthwhile...?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...