Skip to next Chapter

raudraido

raudraido

Hi,

Maybe I'm blind but I did not found anywhere (ios app, web app and theather pc) a button which allows to skip playing chapter to next one, if they are defined. I see chapters all listed before I start the movie, but there is no way to choose or skip them while playing.  

• Like 7

raudraido

Just FYI - the Android TV app does have visual chapter seeking during playback.

Oh yea, just tested with my TV. If it had just a skip-to-next-chapter as well, it would be perfect in my opinion. 

The problem is what key do we use and do we add yet another set of on-screen buttons for it?  Given we have the visual seeking methods and the fact that skipping chapters probably only really makes sense in something like a concert DVD, I definitely don't think we add more OSD buttons.

Then you have the remote problem.  If we use the "next" button for next track/item, what do we use for this...?

raudraido

The problem is what key do we use and do we add yet another set of on-screen buttons for it?  Given we have the visual seeking methods and the fact that skipping chapters probably only really makes sense in something like a concert DVD, I definitely don't think we add more OSD buttons.

Then you have the remote problem.  If we use the "next" button for next track/item, what do we use for this...?

You can kill 2 birds with 1 stone here with Skip intro/skip chapter button. What I really need is to skip intro, but I figured when Emby already is capable working with chapters then Im asking this. 

• Like 1

You can kill 2 birds with 1 stone here with Skip intro/skip chapter button. What I really need is to skip intro, but I figured when Emby already is capable working with chapters then Im asking this. 

Hi.  I don't have a remote with a "skip intro" button...

raudraido

Hi.  I don't have a remote with a "skip intro" button...

I don't know who hijacked my topic :), I originally did not mention AndroidTV app. I hope solution for theater and/or web app.

And it does not matter that you do not have that exact button. As I do not have Netflix skip intro button on my remote, but I still can use it

Edited by raudraido

crusher11

As someone who owns a lot of wrestling and sporting events, skipping matches and half time shows comes to mind.

Skipping chapters is also just a lot quicker than skipping forward or back in ten-second increments if you want to move a large chunk of the way along the timeline for whatever reason.

I think Netflix has the resources to create the EDL marker for the intros. Skipping them is not native in all files with a chapter marker. Implementation would require some work by the user unless there's something like MCEBuddy that can find the end of the intros and drop a marker in there?

Hi,

Maybe I'm blind but I did not found anywhere (ios app, web app and theather pc) a button which allows to skip playing chapter to next one, if they are defined. I see chapters all listed before I start the movie, but there is no way to choose or skip them while playing.  

Not sure for ET but in AndroidTV it is direction up and then the chapters show up in the OSD whereupon you can skip to the next or previous or any one of them you want.

rbjtech

I've often wondered how to get to defined chapter points ..  not a massive deal since the navigation thumbnails but one possible solution :-

>> Short Press = 5 Seconds Forward

>> Long Press = Next Chapter

<< Short Press = 5 Seconds back

<< Long Press = Previous Chapter

The problem is what key do we use and do we add yet another set of on-screen buttons for it? Given we have the visual seeking methods and the fact that skipping chapters probably only really makes sense in something like a concert DVD, I definitely don't think we add more OSD buttons.

Then you have the remote problem. If we use the "next" button for next track/item, what do we use for this...?

I use chapter skip all the time in recordings as MCEBuddy Mark's the commercials as chapters so I can skip over them.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...
Maisy

I really would like skip to next chapter on Android Mobile. Most of my TV shows have a Chapter mark that I can utilize to skip to right after intro. For instance, Big Bang Theory I WANT to skip that annoying intro every time, but it's hard to deal with. I have my skip ahead\back buttons to 20 seconds, purely for Big Bang Theory, but when using my Android tablet half the time, or more, I try to get it to skip at the correct time and it won't respond so I have to play with the timeline to get the right spot to play, which is LESS annoying than the actual Intro but if you all only knew how much I despise that intro, you'd know how much I hate having to fiddle with my tablet while watching a stupid 20 min. +/- show, one after the other ... while on ET on my PC I have to pull out my keyboard to hit Ctrl+F, annoying but do-able, and always skips right to where I want no matter when I press those keys in the chapter that includes the Intro.

I wouldn't mind a swipe to next chapter on Android Mobile. I'd prefer  buttons next to the skip time buttons.

Edited by Maisy
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Did ya'll know 41 years ago LaserDiscs had chapters your could skip between?

Yet into 2021 Emby still doesn't have chapter navigation on many of it's client apps.

• Haha 1

raudraido

Im quite satisfied how AndroidTV Emby app handles chapters. Good enough. Pressing up on remote, opens chapters section and then you can pick.

On 12/31/2020 at 10:24 AM, Xorp said:

Did ya'll know 41 years ago LaserDiscs had chapters your could skip between?

Yet into 2021 Emby still doesn't have chapter navigation on many of it's client apps.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 4:04 AM, raudraido said:

Im quite satisfied how AndroidTV Emby app handles chapters. Good enough. Pressing up on remote, opens chapters section and then you can pick.

Yes, it is quite nice which makes it all the more disappointing that it's absent on many of the other client platforms.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
daedalus
On 1/8/2021 at 1:52 AM, Xorp said:

Yes, it is quite nice which makes it all the more disappointing that it's absent on many of the other client platforms.

the "independece" of the android tv app from the "emby core development" was it's biggest strength, but its days are counting

CharleyVarrick

I guess  I spoke too soon,

Emby webplayer with chapters enabled in library advanced options, doesn't display chapters.

I'm also a Kody user and that too doesn't show or support chapters.

At least we have a working pause button in emby webplayer. let me dream for a stop button.

Sorry but this is utter non sense to me. 

I rest my case (for now)

Edited by jlr19

• 5 months later...