Can't upgrade Emby Theater

Max1866
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

Hi, today Emby on my Tizen TV (installed via USB) told me that a new version of the app has been released. I downloaded it from https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/tree/master/tizen, put it on the usual USB key, but a security error occurred (please see the photo below, "invalid app package for security check failed"). I haven't previously cancelled the old version of the app.

Help, thanks!

Samsung model: UE43NU7190

Samsung firmware: T-KTSUDEUC-1270.6

Emby App in use: Emby Theater 1.0.63

New Emby App: 1.0.64 (released aug 31, 2019)

5d702a6af39a5_IMG_4364.jpg

Edited by Max1866

FrostByte

Did you delete the previous version first?  Not just the shortcut from Home, but from the app center settings.

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Also, make sure when you copied the new version you grabbed both of the new files from the new zip.  The license file from the old zip can't be used with the new tmg file.

Did you delete the previous version first?  Not just the shortcut from Home, but from the app center settings.

...yes, I've tried right now: same error :-/

Also: I've tried to reinstall the old version of Emby, same error again. So, now I'm without Emby on my tv...

Edited by Max1866

FrostByte

The error almost sound like you have the wrong license file.  Make sure you're using both files from the new zip and delete everything else

Edited by FrostByte

Also, make sure when you copied the new version you grabbed both of the new files from the new zip.  The license file from the old zip can't be used with the new tmg file.

yes, i've copied the entire folder "userwidget" on the root of the usb key.

5d7030a6a3ade_Schermata20190904alle23452

The error almost sound like you have the wrong license file.  Make sure you're using both files from the new zip and delete everything else

Empty USB key, all the content of the new zip file, I'm sure of that, thanks.

...and like I already said, I've also tried again with the previous version of Emby: same error  :( So, now my TV is without Emby.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Max1866

FrostByte

Okay, I'm going to download the file again and reinstall.  Maybe there's something wrong with the zip.

I'll report back

Okay, I'm going to download the file again and reinstall.  Maybe there's something wrong with the zip.

I'll report back

Thank you very much!

FrostByte

...and like I already said, I've also tried again with the previous version of Emby: same error  :( So, now my TV is without Emby.

Thanks for your help.

Really, so the previous zip which worked is no longer working?

Have you had a new version of firmware?

Really, so the previous zip which worked is no longer working?

Have you had a new version of firmware?

Exactly. It may be that my TV upgraded the firmware, but unfortunately I'm not sure...

I'm running ver 1270 firmware, not sure if they're the same in all countries though

1270.6, Italy, I imagine that is a common version for UE...

• Solution

I would suggest delete the app again and power cycle the TV.  If necessary, pull the power socket from the outlet for a few minutes.

After powering up, confirm the app is definitely removed, then install again.

It might even be worth deleting all the files from the USB and copy them again from the server just to be sure.

• Like 1

I would suggest delete the app again and power cycle the TV. If necessary, pull the power socket from the outlet for a few minutes.

It might even be worth deleting all the files from the USB and copy them again from the server just to be sure.

Hi, the app is not installed now and I can’t install the new or the previous version, this is the problem. I’ve already tried to power off and on the TV, pulled the plug. I changed the USB key, used a blank one, with a fresh copy of the files. Anyway, in the next ours I will try again and I will tell you... thanks.

• Like 1

I would suggest delete the app again and power cycle the TV.  If necessary, pull the power socket from the outlet for a few minutes.

Hi again, problem solved! I installed the Emby app 1.0.64 again today, from another USB key and after the TV was shutdown (plug pulled) for half a day. It worked, all ok now. Thank you very much for your patience and your support! @@SamES @@FrostByte

• Like 2

FrostByte

Thanks for reporting back.  I did a little looking on the Samsung dev site and it looks like this comes up frequently with USB loaded apps.  The fix seems to be doing just what you did by waiting and trying again later.

• Like 1