1080i mpeg2 videos never start playing

EstebanUno

bizarro252

Got it will do. And I have the directions I just don't see free bsd install files posted for the most current beta.

Will give it a shot and report back!

bizarro252

Same no-play/lockup issue for me with the new beta. 1080i mpeg2, 4h 14m. Plays fine on the server.

I asked above if the .10 release is what Like was talking about and it's not. The beta that may fix this is not released yet. Try again on the next one and I will too :)

Does 4.3.0.11 address the the Roku no-play issue?

Hi, 4.3.0.11 is a preview release. We're testing, and if you'd like to help test, then that is why you might use it. Thanks !

bizarro252

Hi Luke,

Tested 4.3.0.11 today.

TLDR: Still seeing issues.

I did and experienced the following:

Found a file and confirmed no play through the stable server

Tried to play that file through the new beta server (same file, in the same location, located on the server)

Roku progress bar starts to load to ~15% then goes back to zero

Emby Roku is locked up, have to hit back many times to bring up the menu that then allows me to exit the app and get back to the home screen

The file in this case was a 720p MPEG 2

The server admin page shows that it is direct streaming and the progress bar counts forward, but on the TV its frozen on the roku loading screen.

I did however notice on the beta server I actually get thumbnails for the files that do not work, normally these are just default tv thumbnails on the files that will not play

I have attached the log.  I did not get a ffmpeg log.

edit: same results on both EMmby for Roku stable (v175) and beta (v183)

Thanks

beta log.txt

Edited by bizarro252

So it's trying to direct play? If that's true then there's nothing the server can do to resolve this other than transcoding. The Roku is just having trouble with the file.

Can you try deleting the thumbnail bif file for this recording and see if that helps? Thanks.

bizarro252

So it's trying to direct play? If that's true then there's nothing the server can do to resolve this other than transcoding. The Roku is just having trouble with the file.

My mistake, direct stream, I will fix my post

Can you try deleting the thumbnail bif file for this recording and see if that helps? Thanks.

Yes, will try that and report back in a bit

Edited by bizarro252

bizarro252

I deleted the bif files from the directory and tried again without doing anything else and same results, should I need to rescan the library or anything to do the test you are asking for?

Log attached in case it helps.

beta log 2.txt

I deleted the bif files from the directory and tried again without doing anything else and same results, should I need to rescan the library or anything to do the test you are asking for?

Log attached in case it helps.

Can you submit an in-app log from the Roku? I think there might be a client-side problem. Thanks.

bizarro252

I do that by enabling logging within Roku right? What info do you need to be able to locate it? Sounds like it logs for 20 minutes and stores them somewhere.. unless there is a way to email them to myself or something to get to you.

Would you like the log to be generated while using the beta or released versions of emby and the Roku app?

Thanks!