Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit

antwon

We should get that information added to the ffmpeg log so that we can determine this without the main server log.

• Like 1

Just now, leeknight1981 said:

OK so is that Right now lol i cant read the logs it sets off Migraines Lol   

ffmpeg-remux-a384bd3a-7e08-4151-89b6-bd2123e72b0b_1.txt 52 kB · 0 downloads

This one is transcoding the audio due to the audio format not being converted. But why post this log to have us tell you this? You can find out this information on your own using the stats feature in the video player, or your server dashboard.

leeknight1981
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

This one is transcoding the audio due to the audio format not being converted. But why post this log to have us tell you this? You can find out this information on your own using the stats feature in the video player, or your server dashboard.

Yea it wasn't showing that previously unfortunately as transcoding, Sorry Bud   

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 20.06.18.png

masonjknight
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Do you still have questions at this point?

I’m working till Monday so not home but I think from what you guys have said and Google etc all is Good in the world.. 

I really appreciate your knowledge and support as I just don’t have the time to sort stuff as I work so much and trying to read logs hytts my brains 🤣😂 I’ll try the web for answers going forwards :) 

Cheers  

lee 

• 2 weeks later...
moker49
On 9/3/2019 at 7:02 PM, Happy2Play said:

Yes that is a little quirky when settings are hidden do to a option being disabled but the setting still be honored as a limit.  So you need to enable transcoding option then adjust the playback setting then you can attempt to disable the transcoding again

But just because you disable transcoding does not mean all you media will direct stream/direct play.  

On 9/3/2019 at 7:04 PM, antwon said:

Aha! And that would be the issue. After enabling transcoding for the user I was able to change that setting and then after disabling transcoding the setting continue to work and I was able to direct play the high quality video without problems.

Seems a bit counter-intuitive that the setting would affect both direct play and transcoding but only be available to be set when transcoding is enabled for the user.

Thanks for the help!

Thank you guys! I had the same issue and this solved it for me as well!

I really do believe that this should be looked at though. My logs showed the same thing. Even though my phone app was set to auto (on a 250mbps connection), the logs said it was set to 7mbps

• Agree 1

• 1 year later...
eeeeeesy

@Lukeim getting that error too and my streams are buffering constantly

ffmpeg-transcode-5c10fca4-d75a-4197-8b68-a1c0e4645a6a_1.txtimage.png.758d0a10378579bca03a7e44dbf36437.pngit aslo said streaming bitrate error earlier.

embyserver.txthardware_detection-63794358221.txtffmpeg-directstream-d02759ff-73e1-479d-82ee-93ddc1edeb81_1.txt

im on emby for android tv. my bitrate is blank on my server and i have my app seetings set to auto as ive always had it without problems. why is this happening all of a sudden?

image.png.0f0814ceb6cd3675a8fd91ffafdeb350.png

image.png.090a366d14f049adb4bb8dfc8cc37d6b.png

Edited by eeeeeesy

24 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

@Lukeim getting that error too and my streams are buffering constantly

ffmpeg-transcode-5c10fca4-d75a-4197-8b68-a1c0e4645a6a_1.txtimage.png.758d0a10378579bca03a7e44dbf36437.pngit aslo said streaming bitrate error earlier.

embyserver.txt 2.5 MB · 0 downloads hardware_detection-63794358221.txt 289.12 kB · 0 downloads ffmpeg-directstream-d02759ff-73e1-479d-82ee-93ddc1edeb81_1.txt 20.01 kB · 0 downloads

im on emby for android tv. my bitrate is blank on my server and i have my app seetings set to auto as ive always had it without problems. why is this happening all of a sudden?

image.png.0f0814ceb6cd3675a8fd91ffafdeb350.png

image.png.090a366d14f049adb4bb8dfc8cc37d6b.png

Hi, can you try side loading our standard Android app on the same device and let us know how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks !

eeeeeesy
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you try side loading our standard Android app on the same device and let us know how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks !

the problem is non existent in emby for android. i guess its just a problem with emby for android tv.

i do not like emby for android because it seems incomplete and the ui is slow and laggy. its incomplete because the tv guide channels do not get highlighted using the directional pad on my android remote and the current channel does not get remembered when you restart the app or when you go to the previous page and go back into the tv guide.

eeeeeesy
On 7/25/2022 at 4:39 PM, eeeeeesy said:

actually the streams keep pausing in emby for android too. i just dont have an error.

referring to the pausing streams i think thats something else since i dont get buffering when i close my torrent clients. so just the error in the emby for android tv needs worked on somehow

On 7/27/2022 at 3:37 PM, eeeeeesy said:

referring to the pausing streams i think thats something else since i dont get buffering when i close my torrent clients. so just the error in the emby for android tv needs worked on somehow

So just to confirm, you're saying there's no problem playing in Emby for Android?

eeeeeesy
On 7/31/2022 at 7:22 PM, Luke said:

So just to confirm, you're saying there's no problem playing in Emby for Android?

correct

• Thanks 1

eeeeeesy

@Luke  i have new info.

i noticed another issue with emby for android tv. when i setup a pluto tv script formatted for streamlink that outputs m3u and epg files, i can put those 2 files in xteve and setup the xteve settings to work with streamlink to vlc. then i put xteves m3u and xmltv links in emby.  the problem i noticed with emby for android tv is when the pluto tv channel called 80s Rewind plays until it transitions to a commercial or add break, thats when the stream freezes forever and eventually closes the stream. this only happens in emby for android tv. i know this because i tested that channel in the emby for android app and that app does not have that problem.

the problem does not seem to happen on other pluto tv channels like the 70s channel and the 90s channel in emby for android TV though.

the reason i have to use the pluto tv streamlink conversion script found here  https://github.com/ReenigneArcher/web2tv  is because running the script without the --streamlink flag (which converts the m3u to streamlink to be used with streamlink settings in xteve), the issue also exists again because the commercials are not being properly stiched into the hls stream. so running that script with the --streamlink flag allows the commercial to be properly stitched into the hls stream whhich allows all channels to transtion smoothly through commercials, well except for the 80s rewind channel for some reason.

this is a different script than the built in pluto tv plugin in streamlink 4.2.0-2.  it does something different. as i mentioned, this script converts the pluto tv m3u and epg to streamlink format. im telling you now so you dont confused it with the built in plugin. 

https://github.com/ReenigneArcher/web2tv 

here is my talk with the 3rd party pluto streamlink dev. i have also tried his suggestion of adjusting the bufffersize in xteve which did not work for me, and i tried all buffersizes to make sure.

https://github.com/ReenigneArcher/web2tv/issues/28

when i run this command in windows cmd prompt windows 10
###streamlink -l debug "https://pluto.tv/live-tv/80s-rewind" best###
the channel is recognized by the new built in pluto tv plugin that is built into streamlink 4.2.0-2 and plays fine straight through all ads or commercial breaks which is the expected behaviour. so that tells me theres no problem with streamlink.

fyi that link can only be used in the usa as its blocked by pluto in other countries.

i use ReenigneArchers pluto tv script in cygwin to first generate the m3u and epg files

then i install the xteve.exe and set up xteve to be used with streamlink (which it is not meant to be used with streamlink but still works)

to give you more info. here is the command i run to create the m3u and epg with pluto.py through cygwin
python C:\cygwin64\home\user\xteve2\web2tv-main\plutotv.py -e 12 -x C:\cygwin64\home\user\xteve2\streamlinkPlutoEpg.xml --xml -m C:\cygwin64\home\user\xteve2\streamlinkPlutoM3U.m3u --m3u --streamlink

and if you want to try to test it in xteve like what im doing, here are the streamlink settings you need to put in xteve:

PLAYLIST
playlist tuners = 1

SETTINGS
number of tuners = 10
EPG source = XEPG

Schedule for updating (Playlist, XMLTV, Backup): = 0600,1100,1600,2100,0200
Stream Buffer:= ffmpeg or VLC        <--MINE IS SET TO FFMPEG BUT HAVE ALSO TRIED VLC MODE
Buffer Size: = 1mb                              <-- TRIED ALL BUFFERSIZE SETTINGS BUT SAME PROBLEM
Timeout for new client connections: = 500
User Agent: = (blank) <--THIS IS IMPORTANT OR THE STREAM WONT START
FFmpeg Binary Path: = C:\Program Files\Streamlink\bin\streamlink.exe
FFmpeg Options: = --stdout --loglevel info [URL] --default-stream best                      <--STREAMLINK FLAGS
VLC / CVLC Binary Path: = C:\Program Files\Streamlink\bin\streamlink.exe         
VLC / CVLC Options: = --stdout --loglevel info [URL] --default-stream best                <--STREAMLINK FLAGS

EMBY for andorid TV settings:

direct play = disabled             <--TRIED ENABLED TOO BUT SAME PROBLEM

stream quality = 2mbps

NEW INFO:

all of the previous info was tested at my dads house

my dads interent is slower than mine since he lives in a rural area

my dads internet uses an LTE dish that beams wirelessley to a tower

he gets 25mbps down 5mbps up and high ping.

im not sure of his exact ping because ive gone home since then.

because of his low speed i had to set the stream quality to 2mbps in the emby for android tv client app because setting it to auto causes streams to pause very often.

now once i came home to my own house the mentioned issue with the 80s rewind pluto tv channel was still occuring at my own house but i was able to get around the issue by setting the stream quality to AUTO in the emby for andorid tv client app while at my own house.

so i believe emby for android tv might have an issue with low bandwith settings because the problem was not occuring in the other emby app called emby for android. however, in emby for andorid i was using the stream quality setting set to default which i think defaults to auto from first install.

to give an idea of my internet speeds at my own house, i get

250mbps down

200mbps up

34.2 ping

hardware_detection-63795055933.txtffmpeg-transcode-5686b900-9b4c-405e-9b67-16e23705683a_1.txtembyserver.txt

Edited by eeeeeesy

Are you saying that problem with commercials does not happen in our standard Emby for Android app?

eeeeeesy
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you saying that problem with commercials does not happen in our standard Emby for Android app?

correct

eeeeeesy

unless i set the emby for android tv stream quality to auto then that works. but when its set to 2mbps thats when thers a problem.

Edited by eeeeeesy