Android 10 Live Playback

dhunterjacobs

I'm not convinced it's related to that. I've had gesture navigation enabled the whole time since the Android 10 update and haven't seen a crash yet.

speedingcheetah

I'm not convinced it's related to that. I've had gesture navigation enabled the whole time since the Android 10 update and haven't seen a crash yet.

If that were so...then why...is that the only factor that multiple users find to be the issue on their phone?

dhunterjacobs

Yeah I'm not sure how one can come to that conclusion when multiple people have the issue with gestures enabled yet the issue disappears when switching to 2/3 button navigation. Seems related to gestures to me.

speedingcheetah

I appreciate that you're trying to find common factors in order to try and chase it down.

Yea...i did try many things, try to narrow it down more, find something else. But I was unable.

Even on clean Pixel 3 and 3a, and 3a XL, only stock apps out of the box, the app crashes with full gesture enabled, not crash with 2 button enabled.

I have not had any other Android 10 phones to test on. I dont think 10 is out on any other phone models....

My guess is how the app is drawing the video to the display?  maybe an MPV backend conflict? how the navigation reserve border is different with gesture on...idk....

Edited by speedingcheetah

troyhough

Just for fun I just enabled Gesture Navigation on my Pixel 2 XL to test. I watched Live TV (HDHomerun Quatro), both Direct Play and Transcoding @ 1.5/720 on the LAN for about 5 minutes for each. Worked without issue.

Tried 2-button navigation too. Also worked.

speedingcheetah

Just for fun I just enabled Gesture Navigation on my Pixel 2 XL to test. I watched Live TV (HDHomerun Quatro), both Direct Play and Transcoding @ 1.5/720 on the LAN for about 5 minutes for each. Worked without issue.

Tried 2-button navigation too. Also worked.

U have Quatro.....I have Prime.  Which is cable card...not OTA tuner. Probably different data stream type from tuner perhaps?

Mine seems to be mpeg2 or mpeg4 depending on the channel

troyhough

U have Quatro.....I have Prime.  Which is cable card...not OTA tuner. Probably different data stream type from tuner perhaps?

Mine seems to be mpeg2 or mpeg4 depending on the channel

Perhaps.

Are you on Firmware: 20190621?

• 2 weeks later...
dhunterjacobs

Are you still running into this?

Yes. I've attached a screenshot of the error. Again, only happens with Gesture navigation enabled.

post-395572-0-14659600-1569962118_thumb.png

Edited by dhunterjacobs

Ah OK, and it's System UI crashing, not our app, which is why we never get any crash reports from google. Thanks.

speedingcheetah

Ah OK, and it's System UI crashing, not our app, which is why we never get any crash reports from google. Thanks.

Yes....and this fact was reported on here multiple times.

But for most, it crashes so fast u cant see the crash message. just goes to lock screen.

speedingcheetah

UPDATE.

My Pixel 3 just updated with a 2.4MB OS Security Update. same os build number as the sept 2109 OTA , but with a ".C3" appended onto the build number.

The issue with EMBY app playing back LIVE TV is much WORSE now!

Before this OS update, it would fast crash, go to lock screen, i can unlock, and then it shows the paused playback GUI screen of the live tv channel, i could otherwise back out of the app, use the app etc, even try to play again, and have it just go to lock screen.

Now, it is a constant loop of crash, the second i unlock the screen, it shows the system UI crash pop up for half a second, then lock-screen again...I CAN NOT GET BACK IN TO THE PHONE>.  Only a hard power off by holding the power button to kill and restart the phone will work. also, if u just leave the lock screen up, the Emby player will show is player notification thing, but the background is constantly refreshing, like the crashes are still happening in a loop in the background.

I disable Gesture navigation...and Emby plays fine.....

• 2 weeks later...
dhunterjacobs

Hi, can you please try this version and let me know how it compares:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhejrc5j5b0h2fr/MediaBrowser.Mobile-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk?dl=0

Thanks.

I'm getting an error that says "Can't open file". I downloaded it to my phone and pressed the file in the download folder. I assume it should prompt me to install? I guess it isn't seeing that it's an apk.

dhunterjacobs

Yes first click that link, and then on the next page download the .apk.

Ah I figured out my problem. I had to go into the files app and press the apk from there and it installed. Still have the same live playback problem with gestures enabled.

troyhough

Ah I figured out my problem. I had to go into the files app and press the apk from there and it installed. Still have the same live playback problem with gestures enabled.

Did you reboot after install?

Go to settings, apps, see which version you have installed...

dhunterjacobs

Did you reboot after install?

Go to settings, apps, see which version you have installed...

Just rebooted, still the same problem. I'm running version 3.0.84. I assume that's the one from Dropbox?

troyhough

Just rebooted, still the same problem. I'm running version 3.0.84. I assume that's the one from Dropbox?

Thanks for confirming you tried after reboot.

Is that the version you posted a link for @@Luke?

What's your OS build number? I'm apparently on a beta build even though I don't recall signing up for that, but if my build is a little bit ahead then it could be why I've never reproduced this.

dhunterjacobs

What's your OS build number? I'm apparently on a beta build even though I don't recall signing up for that, but if my build is a little bit ahead then it could be why I've never reproduced this.

I'm on QP1A.191005.007