Port mapping not working

cochize1

cochize1

Hi, I noticed that I lost remote access to my Emby server on Synology due to automatic port mapping. It worked in the afternoon and stopped some time ago now. Afetr disabling "Automatic port mapping" everything went back to normal (but I always had it on). What seems to ba a problem?

cochize1

One of my users informed me that he cannot login to my server. And as I checked from my phone on mobile data (not home wifi) it was redirecting straight to port 5000 for Synology (even if I typed port 80 manually). I checked everything, tried other port forwarding and only thing that worked was switching off "Automatic Port Mapping". And now it stays off even though it was always on and everything worked like a charm for months.

• 1 month later...
mhqschen

WOW, thanks for sharing.

This tread really makes my day.

I've been strugging with this issue( can't connect to my emby on NAS remotely) and every settings look fine from my side.

The "Automatic port mapping" actually worked. My router has the port mapping set by emby but I just can't connect to emby remotely, either from a direct connection or emby connect.

Now, I've switched the "Automatic port mapping" and keep the port mapping setting in my router.

Finnally get connected remotely.

• 7 months later...
richardvrusso

I'm helping a friend get theirs up and running thru caddy. We're getting snagged somewhere. He unchecked the auto port mapping in his. For comparison I was checking mine but I'm not seeing where the setting is. I'm on version 4.4.2.0 but maybe its removed in this one?

Regards,

Rich

I'm helping a friend get theirs up and running thru caddy. We're getting snagged somewhere. He unchecked the auto port mapping in his. For comparison I was checking mine but I'm not seeing where the setting is. I'm on version 4.4.2.0 but maybe its removed in this one?

Regards,

Rich

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? Thanks.

richardvrusso

Hey Luke,

Sorry I wonder if this is off topic now that I'm looking back. In a nutshell I was wondering where the auto port mapping setting was? Would like to make sure it's off. Been looking around and can't seem to find it.

Regards,

Rich

Hey Luke,

Sorry I wonder if this is off topic now that I'm looking back. In a nutshell I was wondering where the auto port mapping setting was? Would like to make sure it's off. Been looking around and can't seem to find it.

Regards,

Rich

It's in the server's Network settings. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

richardvrusso

Hmm maybe the webpage on my phone is limited?

Made a noob move and forgot to blur out info. Screenshot attached now.

post-430212-0-42272600-1590545806_thumb.jpg

Edited by richardvrusso

Hmm maybe the webpage on my phone is limited?

Can you show a screenshot? Thanks.

If you've uninstalled the port mapper plugin altogether then the feature is no longer there to turn off.

• 1 month later...
richardvrusso

Hey Luke, sorry it looks like my prior reply is blank. It should have said "well in that case 👍"

😆😁