Media Browser For NAS

breezytm

breezytm

I am trying to get someone to pickup that project. He has done great work. Hopefully he can find the time. 

Last guy I worked with trying to package MB for QNap was a while back when the Lunix package first came out. We were stuck on compiling mono. That same guy kept at it and released an updated mono package for QNap. That package led the way for Sonarr to be ported to QNap. I don't see Sonarr platform that much different than Emby. 

gandja

Dont know if you guys have seen this, I stumbled across this when I was looking for a different package for my Synology NAS.

Refer this package source https://cytec.us/spk/  - it has  a heap of packages for the Synology and in among them is a beta for MB server - it works quite well on my DS1813+ albeit it a bit slower than my PC, but that would be expected given the lower CPU.

Don't think its official but its a very good start. :D

gandja

Dont know if you guys have seen this, I stumbled across this when I was looking for a different package for my Synology NAS.

Refer this package source https://cytec.us/spk/  - it has  a heap of packages for the Synology and in among them is a beta for MB server - it works quite well on my DS1813+ albeit it a bit slower than my PC, but that would be expected given the lower CPU.

Don't think its official but its a very good start. :D

Sorry, but just noticed i might be repeating what was linked in another thread, just go a little carried away in sharing good news that probably already know by some.....anyway its there for anyone else to stumble upon. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
breezytm

I could only find the qpkg in that forum http://forum.cachem.fr/ 

It appears to be an all nas brand and model forum. Not specific to just one. 

Update:

@QoolBox I will report your qpkg in the emby forum. Many users have been waiting for this and doesn't know that it exists. It may not work for me yet but may work for some.

His response: thanks, i am working for Qnap as tech support in France, the HQ asked me also to publish my apps on the official forum to make it worldwide.just got my account today, you will probably see me on it as QNAP_Stephane very soon   ;)
Edited by breezytm
  • Like 1

breezytm

@@Luke I am having serious performance issue with Emby on my qnap and also the server (emby) seems to crash after scanning 70% of my library. It crashes every time. 

Is Emby optimized enough for nas or does it need some additional work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
josh4trunks

I think this thread should be moved to either the symbology or general discussion section. it is completely unrelated to freebsd/freenas.

• 2 years later...

• 9 months later...