Media Browser For NAS

breezytm

breezytm

Hello, 

Not sure where this topic belongs exactly but if it doesn't below here admin please feel free to move it. Would you guys be kind enough to package media browser 3 for NAS boxes such as QNap and Synology. I can't imagine it behind too difficult specially for qnap since it already has both XBMC and PLEX.

Thanks, 

• Like 3

Dibbes

Yes we're planning on it.

I got various Synology boxes laying around, not doing anything at this moment I'm not a coder, but let me know if I can help out with any tests, etc...

breezytm

Great. I can't wait. Do you have an ETA? I know developers don't like putting time stamp on feature releases since it tends to back fire at times.  :D

• Like 1

bennymac

Wow! Yeh an app for qnap would be awesome. I can test when/if needed too!

breezytm

I have a qnap with quad core and intel nuc with dual core. I would love to move my mediabrowser server to the qnap to save resources on the qnap and allow transcoding. Right now due to the low powered intel nuc i can't watch any movies from mediabrower in any of my devices. I must say though, I love mediabrowser classic with Windows media center. I was looking around for a solution that would allow me to enjoy my media libraries and never have to exit out of Windows Media Center and MBC made it happen. With the profile feature enable, the wife an I are very happy. We don't step on each others toes.  All my setup is missing is plugin such as youtube, icefilms, navi-x, etc...If these plugins come to media browser i think ya would surpass the competitors in no time. 

Again thanks for all the hard work guys and donation coming your way. 

darengibo

Yes!!  package for Synology would be INCREDIBLE!!!    

I currently have plex server installed on it, and experience no choppy playback..   

lately with MB, playback has frozen up at times..   very frustrating as the UI with MB is sooooooo visually sweet!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
SikSlayer

Good to hear this is coming, but as important as QNAP and Synology is FreeNAS. If there was a MB3 FreeNAS plugin, that would be ideal.

Spaceboy

Synology will be great in time. Just bought a ds2413+ and it's looking pretty sweet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dimitrik

A synology package would be fantastic. Even for models where the CPU is not powerful enough for transcoding, it would be great to browse the server without having a separate pc just for MB.

• Like 1

darengibo

My synology NAS (DS1523+) has Dual Core 2.13 GHz and 4GB RAM. 

That adequate to run MB if available on NAS?

Dhostetter1023

I would love to have a ReadyNas plugin. I'm still using an old CPU running MediaCenter with MB.

I vote YES......

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
chambonito

Sign me up for a tester for Synology.  I have a 4 bay synology station and would love to use mediabrowser on it instead of local machine.

• 2 weeks later...
billysnap

I have just moved all my data from PC to a new Synology DS415 Play NAS. This is my first post as a long time member and I would love to see mediabrowser show my library instead of the preinstalled Synology video station. If I can ask, what time frame are we looking at for a NAS version?

Thanks in advance!