I have a bunch of channels in LiveTV (via IPTV m3u) that I don't want showing up in the guide. The only way I've found to remove them is to change their parental rating to X and then put in parental access controls per user. I'd like to do this en masse, so I want to write a script that will manually change the metadata stored on my server. But I can;t seem to find where the parental rating data is stored. Does anyone know where that is?
Edit: Nevermind I forgot about medatadata manager.
Edit2: Wait medatamanager can't do multiple selections at once?
Edit3: Fix figured out below:
So if anyone wants to mass block channels, first shutdown Emby then:
1) download DB browser for SQLite,
2) open the library.db file C:\users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\data,
3) browse data,
4) select mediaItems,
5) filter by channel name,
6) change one channel's official rating to XXX and it's inheritedparentalratingvalue to 15
7) Copy and paste these to each entry (you can do multiple at once with shift+click)
8) Write changes, close DB browser, run Emby
Make sure your user's parental access blocks XXX.
Edited by honorkell, 02 September 2019 - 12:47 AM.