XboxOne (incl X) and subtitles / CC

Schar

I cannot quite figure this out, but the sub control (CC) is completely random as to when it works and doesn’t.

Most of the time, changing the setting has no difference to what is displayed. Same when using a remote control app via iPad or Android phone.

Stopping and resuming the video sometimes brings them to life, esp if I change the selection on the screen with the play options.

Other times it doesn’t and I cannot get subs to work in any way.

Once they do spring to life the controls seem ok, can toggle on and off without a problem.

Doesn’t seem to be a server issue, as I tried the same videos using the iPad player and the work just fine.

Anyone else get this? Or any hints? Has been an issue for the past few client versions, but it wasn’t too frustrating until I needed subs quite a bit more with some of the stuff I’m watching.

Yep, what are you after? Do you want server logs?

Other detail per the post:

Emby server in Windows 4.2.1.0

Emby client on Xbox one X 1.1.260.70

Just testing again with a 1080p mkv, and no matter which subs I chose from the in payback menu, or from the episode summary screen, I get no subs on screen. Even stopping and restarting. No error messages on screen, payback resume every time but no subs.

Same file in iPad client 1.8.1 works flawlessly and I can see the subs (same episode).

I could record a video of it if that helps (and send via dropbox or something).

Edited by Schar

Yep, what are you after? Do you want server logs?

Hi @@Schar, yes, the information requested in my link above. Did you check that out? Thanks.

Thanks Luke.

Here is a log file. 

No error messages.

Not transcoding.

Subs just don't work (cannot even get them going like I used to at the moment, with stopping the video and changing from the launch screen). They do work perfectly for the same video on the iPad. All videos in Season were doing it. All videos actually do it (has similar struggles in our rewatch of GoT earlier this year, trying to get SDH subs showing).

Full restart of Xbox One X too.

Let me know if you want a stripped back log (can restart server to trim log, just try one video on both clients, one working one not).

embyserver-63703151996 - Copy.txt

Edited by Schar

Thanks Luke.

Here is a log file. 

No error messages.

Not transcoding.

Subs just don't work (cannot even get them going like I used to at the moment, with stopping the video and changing from the launch screen). They do work perfectly for the same video on the iPad. All videos in Season were doing it. All videos actually do it (has similar struggles in our rewatch of GoT earlier this year, trying to get SDH subs showing).

Full restart of Xbox One X too.

Let me know if you want a stripped back log (can restart server to trim log, just try one video on both clients, one working one not).

Hi @@Schar, yes this log has a lot of playback activity. What did you try to play and around what time? Thanks.