Amazon Prime Plugin/Channel?

Concept211

Concept211

I know that there already is a WMC plugin/addon (http://sharepointsnapple.com/amazonmceaddin/) but it's very unstable and currently I can only get it to work properly one out of my two HTPCs.

Is there any chance of a MB3 Plugin/Channel being created to access the Amazon Prime streaming content?

snazy2000

Don't think is possible as I think they only provide silverlight player which we won't be able to use in the clients I will look in to it more but from initial look I don't think its possible

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

snazy2000

Looks like Amazon added DRM to there videos so we won't be able to do anything unless you can get Amazon them self to do it :(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

Have you tried this version of the amazon instant player? http://www.milliesoft.co.uk/index.php/mce-software-1228996485/mce-lovefilm as the name suggests it used to be the player for love film which was bought by Amazon last year and now rebranded as amazon instant player. Perhaps it only works with the amazon UK api but although I don't use it often it seems pretty stable when I do. A bit limited in terms of functionality but it streams fine. Dunno if this could be converted for mb but it seems to just call the web player

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately these big pay-for-content guys (Amazon/Netflix) all want to be sure they are controlling access to their content.  I can't blame them but it does make it next to impossible for us to fully-integrate them into our apps (legally, anyway).

• Like 1

One2Go

I tried the version that Gareth Barr had developed and it stopped functioning because Amazon changed something on their side that broke the Addin. Thanks for the link and just wanted to post my experience here.

After uninstalling the Gareth Barr version from my HTPC restarting the PC, I then started IE v11 logged into my Amazon Account and closed IE 11.

After installing this latest version of the Amazon Addin, starting MCE it showed the entry point and starting the Addin it was already logged in and it did show my queue as well as my purchased Movies and Videos.

I understand the hassle with dealing with big content providers but it is a wellcome addition to the Netflix app.