Polymorph and HEVC

dcol

Polymorph fails on MKV HEVC encoded files. It is actually stuck on converting the first HEVC file it encounters.

I have no control on how a downloaded file was encoded. I now have to use handbrake to re encode about 350 files or Polymorph won't work.

Can polymorph be set to handle these, or at least skip them if it can't do it?

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Polymorph uses ffmpeg, for each file it tries to convert it will create a log file, and the main log file will tell you the ffmpeg parameters that’s it’s using, I can’t see why you’d have files that would fail, unless something else is going on with this

I use it convert Mkv h265 files all the time

just stops on them for me. I had to trash the schedule so it didn't get stuck.

Some of them failed to re encode with handbrake, but they play fine. I suspect there is something in these files that ffmpeg and Polymorph doesn't like

Any suggestions?

Found the issue. Was just a coincidence that it only was happening on the HEVC encoded files, but it was the old issue of some files set to read only. if Polymorph hits a read only file it wants to convert it just hangs on trying to do something indefinitely.

Edited by dcol

• 4 weeks later...
BeppoMonkeyBoy

Found the issue. Was just a coincidence that it only was happening on the HEVC encoded files, but it was the old issue of some files set to read only. if Polymorph hits a read only file it wants to convert it just hangs on trying to do something indefinitely.

I can't replicate this and it makes no sense, as it uses ffmpeg all it needs to do is read the file it dosn't need to write to the source file.