raspbian buster 10 & Emby

Crome696

Crome696

Hello community!

I´m pretty new to the emby and raspberry pi scene and just ordered a rpi with 4GB Ram. While thinking about further options about os and such i came across the question, if emby runs on the current

raspbian buster os (https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/raspberry-pi-setting-up/3). Or is there a suggest system?

I´m reading as we speak a lot of tutorials about rpi and also try to find more references in combination of emby,

Any pointers?

Regards

Crome

Crome696

Hi, yes we support RPI. You can use our debian package. Does this answer your question?

As far I understand it means i download the package ?

Which one would be the proper version for raspbian buster 10?

Thank you  in advance. As far i have seen the project (i evaluate it on windows as we speak) i love it.

burnkeys

Hello,

a few days ago y just installed emby in my Pi

Raspbian Pi 3+ wiht buster 10

I installed de debian package Debian Armv7 (armhf)

All installs ok and the app works but in some videos scrach ever 30seconds so... I´m trying to see if I can solve

Crome696

Thanks for the feedback. You would use our debian install instructions here:

https://emby.media/linux-server.html

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Thank you for your fast reply! I forgot my credentials else i would had responded sooner.

I got emby running and it works mostly smooth but sometimes i fight against stucking on playback.

I´m not sure if its the RPI 4 and something is missing (i bought the 4GB variant) or my Network (being forced to plug the rpi via wifi), emby, my TV or the movie itself.

Still doing some testing and analysis but i see emby atleast as the close to impossible Troublemaker.

Thank you again for your support!

Oh one last question, I´m considering buying a Lifetime License at end of year, if i would book now the monthly pass, would there be a chance to get the yet paid costs being discounted (ie if i buy now 3 months and buy end of 2019 full license to get a discount of the yet paid 14,97$)

Regards

Crome

Oh one last question, I´m considering buying a Lifetime License at end of year, if i would book now the monthly pass, would there be a chance to get the yet paid costs being discounted (ie if i buy now 3 months and buy end of 2019 full license to get a discount of the yet paid 14,97$)

Hi, we currently don't offer that option. Thanks.