Google Home Mini

videopalace

videopalace
Hey,

I can no longer connect with Google Home Mini (Music), there is no problem with Google Chromecast! Is this a bug?

Android version currently: version 3.0.75

Greetings

videopalace

Emby for Android sees my Google home but cannot play on the Home Mini (the cast icon does not change).

jamvids

Same problem here, not connecting to chromecast audio devices, video devices are OK, just get a spinning circle.

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

mikeraburn

I just got 3 minis today, for the first time.

I can stream to my speaker group,

beginners luck?

I was just searching the forums to see how to do it and came across this thread.

How did I live without these before???????

videopalace

After restarting everything, I still can't connect to the Google Home Mini's. The circle keeps turning on my screen but cannot connect.

mikeraburn

I have no idea how the minis update software BUT my new out of the box minis did do the usual out of box updates.

videopalace

@@Luke Firmwareversion of Cast: 1.42.169341

Firmwareversion of system: 169341

= Softwareversion from the Google Home Mini.

jamvids

Still a problem here, won't connect to any chromecast audio device. If I try a multi device setup I will get the sound on one or two of them but nothing happens and the circle keeps spinning.

videopalace

Here also still a problem, makes connection (bleep by connection) But can't play thru the speaker.

mikeraburn

Emby for Android sees my Google home but cannot play on the Home Mini (the cast icon does not change).

After a few days of the minis I understand what you are saying about the cast icon.

I am having that issue NOT in Emby Andriod BUT in a podcast app I have, Podcast Addict.

The cast icon disappears. 

I have to kill the app, turn off my wifi on the device.

I then turn back on the device wifi and then relaunch the Podcast Addict app.

This is on one of the original Nexus 7 tablets.

I haven't tried Emby Android on that device yet.

I have been using my Samsung A50 phone and my older Blu phone or Emby Android.

As a temporary workaround, use VLC and emby should show up as a dlna server. Not pretty but functional.

videopalace

Still can't cast to GOOGLE HOME MINI. Connects to GOOGLE HOME MINI via smartphone (Beep sound). As soon as music is played, it is displayed on the smartphone.

Still can't cast to GOOGLE HOME MINI. Connects to GOOGLE HOME MINI via smartphone (Beep sound). As soon as music is played, it is displayed on the smartphone.

How are you first establishing the connection?

the1legend

Casting music to any of my Google Home devices is not working. Rebooted server a couple of times, rebooted Android phone and iPad without success. The list of devices appears in both of the Emby apps, I select a device, the device responds with the connect sound but nothing plays. Google Home connects and plays music fine with Plex, Google Music, etc. Emby spinning ring never disappears. Nothing in the log appears out of order. Log Attached. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

embyserver.txt

• Like 1

videopalace

@@the1legend

On Smartphone: I connect to Google Home Mini, there is a circle on the screen of the smartphone. After some time you will hear contact with the Google Home Mini (Beep Sound) BUT the cast icon does not fill. I start the music but it is not played on the Google Home Mini but on the smartphone.

mikeraburn

This is fixed by updating your Google Home APP.

You have to be on same wifi network of course.

You cast your device TO the speaker(s) within Google Home App NOT the Emby app.

Guess we will see how long before they break this.

FYI

Mine did eventually stop casting AFTER 9/4/2019

the1legend

@@Luke This is still an issue as of this morning. I will have more time to troubleshoot and describe in more detail later today after work. As of now I have tried to cast to a Google Home, Mini, and Audio ChomeCast. I have not attempted to cast to one of my Shields yet but can test that later. Plex, Google Music, and Audiobook reader all connect without issue using the builtin cast icon in the apps. 

the1legend

@@Luke

This is all done with a MP3 audio file using the Cast icon in the apps.

Emby (4.2.1.0) web interface using Chrome - Cast to Android Phone (yes), Cast to Shield TV (yes), Cast to Google mini (not listed), Cast to Google Home (not listed), Cast to Google ChromeCast Audio (not listed).

Emby on Android Phone (3.0.81) - Cast to Google mini (connect sound but no audio), Cast to Google home (connect sound but no audio), Cast to Google ChromeCast Audio (connect sound but no audio), Cast to Shield (Works).

This seems to be an issue with Google Home, Mini, and ChromeCast Audio. Both Shield TV's cast without issue. All devices are on the same network and other phone apps connect and play without issue. Let me know if you need me to do more testing.

This is fixed by updating your Google Home APP.

You have to be on same wifi network of course.

You cast your device TO the speaker(s) within Google Home App NOT the Emby app.

Guess we will see how long before they break this.

FYI

Mine did eventually stop casting AFTER 9/4/2019

So you can cast to it now, or no?