IR Key Commands

barong

As per a previous thread, it has been mentioned that pressing UP on the remote D-Pad will bring up a shortcut to the Chapters menu during playback.

Does anyone else know of any other shortcuts that apply to Android TV using a remote?

My TV remote also has dedicated buttons for Subtitles and Language selection, is it possible to get these mapped to the relevant shortcut in the OSD menu?  I'm sure other Tvs would have similar buttons on their remotes.

Also, when selecting the [COG] menu item, it brings up info about the file being played eg. resolution, audio format etc.  Could the file's original frame rate be added to this information?

I'm really liking the ATV app, I used to use Kodi but that had some playback issues with certain files on my Sony TV.  So far Emby does not have these issues and everything seems to be playing back smooth with the Exoplayer  :)

Hi.  Thanks for the feedback.  We need to update our wiki article for the app to include the keys that respond but there are several depending on where you are.  My suggestion right now would be just to try them and see what you discover.

The subtitle and language buttons aren't currently supported but we can probably add those - assuming your remote is using standard codes for them and passes them through to the app.

We will also look into the original frame rate.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On my Sony Bravia tv, when adding the server, after inputting the server and port the cursor goes to CANCEL button and there is no option to move to OK button.. is there any solution to fix this issue???

On my Sony Bravia tv, when adding the server, after inputting the server and port the cursor goes to CANCEL button and there is no option to move to OK button.. is there any solution to fix this issue???

You cannot navigate off of that button?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.  Thanks for the feedback.  We need to update our wiki article for the app to include the keys that respond but there are several depending on where you are.  My suggestion right now would be just to try them and see what you discover.

The subtitle and language buttons aren't currently supported but we can probably add those - assuming your remote is using standard codes for them and passes them through to the app.

We will also look into the original frame rate.

Thanks!

Just noticed the Frame Rate value has appeared in the Stats for Nerds.  Thanks for adding this in.

Edit: just noticed another remote shortcut related to Stats for Nerds...

You can toggle it by long-pressing the SELECT button on the remote during playback.

Much easier than drilling down the OSD menu.

Edited by barong
  • Like 1

Android apps like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video can use these keys to access the related menus, but I don't know if they are standard keys or some other API is involved.

Let me know if I can provide any other info.

• 1 year later...
mbguy
On 8/28/2019 at 7:57 AM, ebr said:

It's such a pain right now to bring up subtitle and language menu, please please please give us shortcuts to get to them. There are multiple keys on my Harmony remotes that can easily be mapped to toggle subtitle and languages on/off or to bring up subtitle and language list.

Any ETA on when these will be added? I love everything about Emby, just can't deal with these two missing shortcuts.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.  We can look at it but it is only a few clicks to get to these during playback now and you can also select them before playback on the detail screen, right?

mbguy
On 7/22/2021 at 5:53 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  We can look at it but it is only a few clicks to get to these during playback now and you can also select them before playback on the detail screen, right?

Yes that's correct. But not when we want to toggle on and off multiple times throughout the course of a movie because some people object to having subtitles on but when some passages are inaudible, the subtitles must be turned on briefly, which always leads to fights with the watching party because the big OSD obscures parts of the screen and interrupts the flow of the show.

The subtitle ON/OFF via shortcut at least should be implemented and then later maybe one day a smaller or alternate (small and slim) version of on-screen menu can be designed to provide quick jumps to essential keys without taking over big parts of the screen.

Thanks for your consideration. 

17 hours ago, mbguy said:

The subtitle ON/OFF via shortcut at least should be implemented

Well, it wouldn't be an ON/OFF because there could be multiple subtitles.  So, if we do a shortcut, it will produce the subtitle menu.

• 1 year later...
On 7/26/2021 at 9:15 PM, ebr said:

Well, it wouldn't be an ON/OFF because there could be multiple subtitles.  So, if we do a shortcut, it will produce the subtitle menu.

Is this function implemented?