Server Images

lja

Please advise where  the primary, backdrop etc. images in the server are stored? With the change in the trailers setup, it appears I have lost my backdrop image and would love to recover it.

@@ebr With the new trailers setup, how can I get the backdrop to appear in mb classic?

Edited by lja

The trailers plug-in is supposed to be manifesting itself just like it used to in the API for MBC but maybe something else has changed.

If you edit the "Trailers" folder with the web editor, can you put images in there?

The trailers plug-in is supposed to be manifesting itself just like it used to in the API for MBC but maybe something else has changed.

If you edit the "Trailers" folder with the web editor, can you put images in there?

I don't see the edit button for the Trailers main folder. There is an edit for the individual trailers.  I also tried the IBN folder.

Koleckai Silvestri

I don't see the edit button for the Trailers main folder. There is an edit for the individual trailers.  I also tried the IBN folder.

You have to go into the Metadata Editor first and then you can edit the Trailers folder. 

The images are store in the metadata folder specified in your installation. You can see this directory by looking at the Dashboard -> Info page in the Configuration Tool. Once you have the location, you need to match the name of the folder with the hash assigned to it. For instance on my installation Trailers is 9acbc346c293d48b2a2f4d8315f5defc

So I go into the metadata folder and find 9a. Inside that folder, I should be able to find my Trailers folder matching the value above. Inside that I can find my images.

hint: take the hash for your folder and once you're in the folder with the first two characters click in the address bar of Explorer and type \ then copy the hash you're looking for. It is a lot easier than trying to scan the list.

p.s.: Currently even if you assign new images to the Trailers folder, they don't show up in the interface. Probably the bug Luke is referring to above.

Edited by Wayne Luke

Koleckai Silvestri

p.s.: Currently even if you assign new images to the Trailers folder, they don't show up in the interface. Probably the bug Luke is referring to above.

Podcasts is broken in the same fashion.

no, if you assign them they should show up. the bug i'm referring to is causing his previously assigned images to not get used, thus requiring him to re-assign. and that's only for trailers.

Koleckai Silvestri

Hmm... okay. not sure why mine aren't showing up then. They are assigned and in the proper folder. This after reassigning them several times. After adding images, they only appear until the next server restart. After a restart, they are gone again.

oWhLyRC.png

2014-06-02 13:50:16.2801 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
Collections does not have an image of type Primary
MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException
  at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(ImageRequest request, IHasImages item)
  at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.Get(GetItemImage request)
  at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object )
  at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto)

2014-06-02 13:50:16.2801 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
Trailers does not have an image of type Primary
MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException
  at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(ImageRequest request, IHasImages item)
  at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.Get(GetItemImage request)
  at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object )
  at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto)
Edited by Wayne Luke

Yogi

Mine show for the Trailers in the web client but as soon as you restart they disappear,they are not being saved.