LiveTV Guide: Display Full channel name when no EPG data.

nayr

Request: Some IPTV providers may have special Event channels in which no EPG data is provided, the details are typically in the channel name but its too long to read from the guide. Instead of currently displaying no guide info, I request that it simply displays the <Channel Name>, which is the only information it has.

post-389713-0-97002800-1566765133_thumb.pngpost-389713-0-19119800-1566765124_thumb.png

Edited by nayr
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

lethalwisdom

I also think this is an excellent idea for the reasons mentioned above but also for "24/7 Channels". As of right now I have to make an xml that just has all my 24/7 channels and make a fake start and stop time so the line isn't blank. It works but then it also always shows those at the begining of the "on now" list and that's all it shows.

So having an option to show the channel name when there is no epg data, would be lovely.

Thanks.

Edited by lethalwisdom
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Spaceboy

If you are doing this for IPTV you really should be using xteve. This is one of my favourite features of it

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

It just said no data, but you were able to set manual recordings so it wasn’t an issue. In xteve I can generate 30,60 and 120 minute dummy programs using the channel name as the show name. It works brilliantly

For clarification, this request has nothing to do with recording.  It was a request for display only so that someone could see what was on a channel.  Recordings where there is no data is a separate issue.

It does seem like the no data text is more appropriate though.

It depends.  In the case of a VoD channel, showing the channel name would be very helpful.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
danlo315

Right but my recommendation is to use xteve which covers both playback and recording

Reviving this topic as I frequently run into this issue on on demand sports/ppv channels.

@@Spaceboy thanks for the tip of using xteve to bring channel name as EPG. However, xteve has the habit of dropping the EPG mapping when the channel "changes" according to the m3u. I would have to 1) continuously remap dummy to those channels to turn them back to active, and 2) re-map them to channels in TVHeadend. I followed a request to "default" to a dummy channel but it didn't seem like the dev was too receptive.

Edited by danlo315

• 3 years later...
junkyj753

This great suggestion went over like a fart in church.

Xteve offers this feature and works flawlessly.

Please reconsider this functionality

Screenshot 2023-05-26 171540.png

Just now, junkyj753 said:

This great suggestion went over like a fart in church.

Xteve offers this feature and works flawlessly.

Please reconsider this functionality

Screenshot 2023-05-26 171540.png

Hi, yes it makes sense. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...