#1 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1023 posts
  • Local time: 05:29 PM
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:44 PM

I know I have touched on this once before, but is there any way to record the same show at the same time from multiple providers?

This would be helpful when one IPTV provider tanks, I can still get the show from another provider. Like a backup.

I do this now, but have to use another computer for my back-up shows. It has proven to be a worthwhile endeavor many times over. But I would like to be able to do this on one server in Emby.

If this is not currently possible, can I request this feature for the future? Or at least a way to fall back to another M3U should the primary one fail.

#2 EODCrafter OFFLINE  

EODCrafter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • Local time: 07:29 PM
  • LocationSouthEastern USA

Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

I know I have touched on this once before, but is there any way to record the same show at the same time from multiple providers?

This would be helpful when one IPTV provider tanks, I can still get the show from another provider. Like a backup.

I do this now, but have to use another computer for my back-up shows. It has proven to be a worthwhile endeavor many times over. But I would like to be able to do this on one server in Emby.

If this is not currently possible, can I request this feature for the future? Or at least a way to fall back to another M3U should the primary one fail.

I know you use xTeVe and combine Providers, when you record different providers and 1 Show, what happens? One unfortunate thing is "most" of these providers get their Streams from the same place, so when 1 goes, usually they all do :(

Edited by EODCrafter, 25 August 2019 - 03:17 PM.

#3 EODCrafter OFFLINE  

EODCrafter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • Local time: 07:29 PM
  • LocationSouthEastern USA

Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:19 PM

For example Dcol, I have backups for the Networks, for instance Channel 4 WSMV Nashville..following that Channel # 4, I have 4.1, 4.2 and so on. I assume I can record all those channels at the same time with no problem, although I haven't tried.

#4 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1023 posts
  • Local time: 05:29 PM
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:31 PM

True some providers are from same source, but I have been slowly weeding that out. Some providers have small logo identifiers on their source. I have seen the same identifier on other providers and have reported them to the providers. And some channels come from differnet places than other channels on the same provider. It is a challenge,

Yes for locals, it may work, but I have noticed that Emby doesn't key on the channel, but the show. If you try to record the same show on different channels, it will only allow one. This is what I want Emby to allow for redundency.

Edited by dcol, 25 August 2019 - 05:32 PM.

• EODCrafter likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users