Two Embycon context menu requests

andyxoxo

andyxoxo

Hi TeamB, just thought I should let you know about two Embycon context menu items:

1) Can you please add "Information" to your long press context menu? Right now using Embuary on a firestick the only way to see movie & tv show information (such as codec info etc) is to use the slide view. If using any other view besides slide view (such as posters) then the information can not be seen because the firestick remote does not have an "info" button on it. But if you added an "Information" option to your context menu then all views can be used with a firestick ;-)

2) When selecting "Play" under Kodi Media Settings > Video > Select Default Action, (still using Embuary) when clicking to play a partially played video (not a widget but in a library)  the Embycon menu instead of bringing up the two item "Resume From time xxx " or "Play From Beginning" menu, it brings up your main context menu. Sometimes the "two item resume from" menu  will come up but it's very intermittent like it will flash for a second but then your main context menu gets superimposed on to it. 19 out of 20 times if I click a partially viewed video from a library, your main context menu comes up, the other 1 time the "resume from" menu comes up. Shouldn't the "resume from" menu be the one to always come up for partially played videos? This could be an Embuary skin prob (don't know)

Cheers :-)

andyxoxo

Thanks for your reply, TeamB.... if you need me to test anything for you to see when this behavior is occuring, I will be glad to do it... Andy

sualfred

@@TeamB

if you are having troubles with the info screen. A small double action should work as workaround:

"close context menu" -> "xbmc.executebuiltin('Action(info)')". Maybe it requires a 50ms xmbc.sleep.

Edited by sualfred

andyxoxo

Why it is failing to replace the default context menu 1 in 20 times I don't know, 

19 out of 20 times, for me ;-) Pretty much always, wish I knew how to troubleshoot this better for you..

andyxoxo

So tested the beta 1.9.30, unfortunately can say that your new "Info" menu item does nothing when selected. And the play/resume two item dialog doesn't come up either with unwatched items in a library unfortunately...

The Kodi main context menu doesn't have an "unwatched" selection for some reason, I wonder why that is....

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
andyxoxo

Hi, TeamB... I see that you updated Embycon to 1.9.32 and after testing the "Info" button on this new version, it is still doing nothing (no action occurs) on a Firestick... so am thinking that perhaps you didn't get my last message that it wasn't working in 1.9.30 either....

Cheers

Edited by andyxoxo