Massive Server Maxing out Need video card suggestion

williamsrt

williamsrt

Hello All,

I have 2 Dell R810 that has the following below.  I'm looking for a video card that I could use with VM's as well as give me a bump for trans coding.  So the server will only support PCI 2.0 x8 video card.  I have 2 of these servers running and they are quick just need better color for the vm's and thought why not add a gpu into the mix can't hurt.  And this is as far as I can take these servers maxed out.

Each Server Has (R810)

Windows Server 2019

Xeon 4X10 Core = 40 cores and 80 threads

256GB Ram

2-Evo Pro NVME Card running at 4X = 1 TB each = I know only half bandwidth (Superfast emby server and Vm's) = 1200 mbs

2-Evo SSD's Raid 0 = 1TB each = 750 mbs

4-10k Drives Raid 0 = 1TB each = 650 mbs

1 Gig Ethernet = x4

Internet

1 GIG upload

1 GIG download

Cold Storage

80 TB USB 3.1 raid 0 = 580mbs

Thanks,

Randall

williamsrt

Has this helped? There are lots of similar threads here in our hardware forum as well.

Hi Luke,

Some what I guess I will just have to try it and see how it goes.  The card I'm looking at is the P2000.  The only thing is my only "Big Slot" in the server is PCI-E 2.0 x8 which I can make the card fit, but will loose from 17 to about 11 or so trans-coding which is fine as I only have a few people using it.  Right now when I'm trans-coding my CPU Usage stays at 1% and total systems resources memory at 3% load and that is with Server 2019 running, Windows 10 and additional Server 2019 running.  Total Emby Library is at 15tb.  Now just to figure out what to do with the second server??

V/r

Randall

Right now when I'm trans-coding my CPU Usage stays at 1% and total systems resources memory at 3% load and that is with Server 2019 running, Windows 10 and additional Server 2019 running. 

Those are some great numbers.