Collections not collected

syarbrou1
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Emby stopped honoring legacy [boxset] folders within the library a long time ago and only honors virtual collections that reside in "\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections" (OS local is slightly different on every OS).

Since you said web app will not group either I would suspect this is the issue.

I use MCM also but Emby will not honor that structure any more except folder view.  That collection folder is treated as a normal folder.

You can learn how to create Collections on the Emby Wiki. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

I know how to create a collection via the web interface and yes, it does work. But doing it this way, it still leaves every single movie entry in the "Movies" section. I want a single entry per collection to keep everything together all neat and tidy. I must have been stuck on an old version prior to a reinstall of W10 recently as it was working all fine? I wondered why I couldn't find the "Legacy" option in the config settings screen!

As this issue seems to be unfix-able for me, I will post another topic for the Music problem.

Edited by sleepy

Happy2Play

Without the plugin you will have manually remake every collection, and click the three dot menu button in every library in the web client to enable "Group items into collections".

5d83f6c047d35_menu.jpg

Well, that's totally bizarre but it's now working!? I haven't done anything different,just went back to the Chocolate theme to see if there was anything I missed in the "View" settings and I didn't need to look any further as lo and behold my collections are showing as a single entry once again. Music is working again too, which leads me to believe that the Subdued theme is messing up with the EMC config somewhere along the lines? As it's hasn't been updated in quite some time, then I guess it doesn't play nice with later releases of Emby.

Ah well, whatever the reason, I'm just glad it's working!

• Like 1

Just to put my 10c worth of opinion. I have a folder structure and changed content from Movie to Mixed since I needed it for Documentaries and it worked in release 4.0.2.0 haven't updated since it works the way I like it. I also do use Throg's themes and do not have the problem of showing a collection like Back to the Future with a top folder showing the Collection folder and then the 3 movies once I select it. Just my way of working it but I know we are on borrowed time with WMC/EMC.

I'm getting some very weird behaviour from EMC. Since moving back to Chocolate, everything seems to be working OK except for "Views" on my TV Shows. Some series show as expected but some not. Let me put some screenies to better show my issue.

This is the view I selected and expected for each series as seen on ScreenGrab 5.

post-870-0-74384100-1569102701_thumb.png

But, on about 9 of my TV Shows, the view is different even though I didn't choose this! You can see this on ScreenGrab 4.

post-870-0-62600900-1569102879_thumb.png

Now, on the ScreenGrab 5 "View" style, I can select the "Settings" cog icon and a pop out menu appears that allows me to change the "View" on the fly. You can see this on ScreenGrab 6.

post-870-0-96463500-1569103079_thumb.png

But, on the TV Shows with the incorrect "View", I don't get this pop out menu at all as clicking the cog "Settings" icon just takes me straight to the Config settings! So finally, my question is how to fix the views if I can't access the menu?

There is an option (I believe in the Chocolate page) for using a combined season view.  Turn it off if that's not what you want.

There is an option (I believe in the Chocolate page) for using a combined season view.  Turn it off if that's not what you want.

Yup, under Chocolate Views there is a check box for "Use Custom Views For Series". Untick it and now all is good! Easy when you see it huh? Thanks @@ebr!