Collections not collected

syarbrou1
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

syarbrou1

I am on 4.2.1.0 of Emby Server for Windows and using it on my XBox 360.  The Collections branch looks fine, but under Movies it's listing all movies individually.  I have groupo into collections checked in the config but it's still listing all the movies individually.  Any way to get this back to the way it used to work for me?  Some of my collections are like 26 movies and don't want all those being listed individually even under the "Movies" branch.

Thanks.

Hi.  If you are on the latest server version, make sure you are on the beta version of EMC (317).  Are you running that version?

syarbrou1

Is there an easy way for me to tell?  The download pages were never very friendly with versions or date of last release or anything.  I know I'm on the latest server, so referring to Media Center.  Didn't that version come out like 6 years ago?  Guessing I'm on it but possible I didn't select the latest beta at the time.

EDIT:  Looks like maybe Media Browser Classic version 3.0.307?  From one of the install logs under AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-InstallLogs

Also I know there is still a setting for Legacy Content View or whatever it's called.  Read people having issues with this.  Would this effect anything?  I can't tell right now what it's set to, but thought I'd throw that out there.

Edited by syarbrou1

• 3 weeks later...

3.0.317 isn't working either, collections display individually in my Movies tab.

Hi there, can you please describe exactly what you mean by "isn't working" ?

Hi there, can you please describe exactly what you mean by "isn't working" ?

As the OP says, in "Movies", my collections (or Boxsets) are displaying individually as opposed to displaying a single entry for the set. I prefer it to display a single entry to keep the list cleaner, which is how Boxsets use to appear.

As the OP says, in "Movies", my collections (or Boxsets) are displaying individually as opposed to displaying a single entry for the set. I prefer it to display a single entry to keep the list cleaner, which is how Boxsets use to appear.

Hi.  What version of the server?  What version of EMC?  Did you confirm you have the option turned on in EMC?

Is the library type of the library in question actually "Movies"?

How to Report a Problem

Hi.  What version of the server?  What version of EMC?  Did you confirm you have the option turned on in EMC?

Is the library type of the library in question actually "Movies"?

How to Report a Problem

As stated above, I'm running EMC at version 3.0.317 and he server at Version 4.3.0.8 beta. Option is selected in EMC config settings and library type is "Movies".

syarbrou1

For me the update seemed to do it.  May be a combination of the update and making sure to check to merge collections or whatever it said.

I didn't see you enter a library in that EMC log but please try with the default Chocolate theme.

I will update the log to show EMC library entries. I was using Chocolate as my theme but switched to Subdued to see if that got my collections into the single library entry but to no avail, it's still listing them all individually.

Incidentally, my Music isn't working either! I don't know when this started as I haven't played music through EMC for awhile. When I scroll through the library sections from TV Shows, Movies etc, onto the My Music tab, EMC freezes and crashes? No idea if this is a related fault or not.

embyserver.txt

MBClassic-1892019a671f99574874530b68e4f2dd9d3eb0c.log

Edited by sleepy

I see the proper option being sent to the server in the log.  Can you show us a screen shot of the web app and EMC showing the same view with the issue represented?

Thanks.

I see the proper option being sent to the server in the log.  Can you show us a screen shot of the web app and EMC showing the same view with the issue represented?

Thanks.

I'm using WMC, not the web app,although the web app doesn't display collections either? The issue can be seen in the screen shot where the X-Men series of films should be a single entry. Selecting the single entry then opens that collection to show all the X-Men movies.

EDIT: Music still crashing too, as soon as I scroll to the My Music heading I get a "Program Not Responding" and no music entries show in the "Latest" widget either.

post-870-0-23002600-1568926649_thumb.png

post-870-0-34946600-1568927582_thumb.png

Edited by sleepy

This is what I get using the web app. You can see in the first screen shot below the Avengers, Back to the Future and Batman movies should be single entry collections. The last screen shot should show all of my boxsets (collections) but nothing is here!

post-870-0-30614000-1568927100_thumb.png

post-870-0-99947300-1568927116_thumb.png

Happy2Play

I'm using WMC, not the web app,although the web app doesn't display collections either? The issue can be seen in the screen shot where the X-Men series of films should be a single entry. Selecting the single entry then opens that collection to show all the X-Men movies.

I see you do not have the Auto Boxset plugin, so you are make all you collections manually in Emby?  You know Emby does not honor legacy folder structured collections.

I see you do not have the Auto Boxset plugin, so you are make all you collections manually in Emby?  You know Emby does not honor legacy folder structured collections.

I haven't had an issue before? My collections are marked as thus through MCM and each collections folder has [boxset] at the end of the folder titles. This has always worked fine.

Happy2Play

I haven't had an issue before? My collections are marked as thus through MCM and each collections folder has [boxset] at the end of the folder titles. This has always worked fine.

Emby stopped honoring legacy [boxset] folders within the library a long time ago and only honors virtual collections that reside in "\Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections" (OS local is slightly different on every OS).

Since you said web app will not group either I would suspect this is the issue.

I use MCM also but Emby will not honor that structure any more except folder view.  That collection folder is treated as a normal folder.

Edited by Happy2Play