Play queue

n7of9

Is there a play queue in ET?

I'm a plex user (hopefully soon to be ex-plex) and I like to fall asleep with the TV on. I would normally load up a playlist and if there were 15 items on it, I may choose to start playing from item 5 and then remove items 9-15, leaving only 4 in the queue...then I would just let it play until it reached the end of the queue and it would stop. 

I can't seem to replicate that in ET, if I load a playlist I can't see a way to remove items unless I edit the main playlist.  If I don't use a playlist and just choose to play an episode from a show, ET will continue to play all episodes until I turn it off in the morning. 

- happy to do it some other way, doesn't have to be playlist and queue, but is there a way I can replicate something similar?

Addendum: Can I add more player themes?

Hi @@n7of9, there is, but it's currently only visible when playing music. It's not exposed in the video player. There is a play queue to play multiple items, but you just can't manipulate it in the user interface. It's something we'll improve in a future update. Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi, I came up with a workaround I'm happy with. Say my playlist has 10 items but I only want to watch 3 of them, I just move them to the bottom of the playlist and start watching from the 3rd last one.

• 4 months later...
WilhelmStroker

Hi @@n7of9, there is, but it's currently only visible when playing music. It's not exposed in the video player. There is a play queue to play multiple items, but you just can't manipulate it in the user interface. It's something we'll improve in a future update. Thanks.

Will this be improved/changed/added in a future version? This is one of the things I use quite a lot on Plex for Roku as I tend to put on playlists when trying to fall asleep or generally doing other things around the house. 

• 6 months later...
Zuglord

Hello - wanted to chime in that I am looking forward to this update as well!  @Luke i wanted to say I see your posting throughout the forums and wanted to thank you for your dedication and hard work and consistent activity on the EMBY platform!