Loading/buffering indicator

zyfinity

zyfinity

Just a simple feature request, is it possible for a loading symbol to be added, for example when skipping through a movie the buffering/ loading animation of some sort shows up?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi.  Most app players should already have some sort of indication when this is happening.  What specific app are you referring to?

Now that you mentioned..

Ebr, does the ATV app have something like this?

Iirc once it's buffering during playback or skipping it doesn't. The image simply freezes.

• Like 1

zyfinity

Yes, im talking in the way of skipping to different parts in a video as currently as far as i know none of the apps have a loading spinner when you skip to different parts of a video.

As soon as you click play in the web or Android app there is a loading spinner.

Yeah, that's also available in the ATV app but not on skipping or when bandwidth isn't enough to keep up.

• 1 year later...
INITIATIVE
38 minutes ago, Luke said:

This is something we're continuing to work on improving. Thanks for the feedback.

will there be an estimate for this, I noticed that it's been a year?

• 1 year later...
NailClipper

It has been years. Is there any news regarding this basic feature? On Android and Android TV, they just freeze when skipping or buffering and it is kind of annoying because sometimes it took a moment to realize the scene is freezing.

On 12/17/2021 at 11:52 PM, NailClipper said:

It has been years. Is there any news regarding this basic feature? On Android and Android TV, they just freeze when skipping or buffering and it is kind of annoying because sometimes it took a moment to realize the scene is freezing.

Most of our apps do have a loading indicator but we'll take a look at it. Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Luke said:

Most of our apps do have a loading indicator but we'll take a look at it. Thanks.

Only on initial playback if it for some reason buffers in the middle there is no such indicator.

NailClipper

Yep. The loading indicator is only for initial playback. When the video buffers or we skipped forward, the screen just freezes with no indication of what it is doing.

I would like to mention that Plex would pop-up a message saying our internet is slow to keep up with the video. Would be great if Emby add that feature too.

But I would be grateful if only the loading indication is added.

Hope to see some good news.