Tvshow slow to start with Chrome but not with Kodi

theghost31

theghost31

Hi

With some episodes like this one: https://gofile.io/?c=NoX0w9
     - 

It's really slow to read it, take 30 secondes before to start and if you move inside the movie, again, the timing take 15 / 30 secondes.
Is it possible to avoid this waiting time ? 

Thank you in advance

Regards

Happy2Play

Can you post your server and ffmpeg log showing this issue.  But it sounds like it is taking your system awhile to transcode the media.

You're burning in subtitles on the fly and it looks like your machine just might not be powerful enough for that. Burning in subtitles on the fly is a very taxing process, even for fast machines.

You can avoid this by:

• Turning off the subtitles prior to playback
  • Using external srt subtitles
  • Using an Emby app that can direct play ass/ssa subtitles, such as Emby Theater, Android, or iOS.

theghost31

Are you sure about "on the fly"?

I'm using Emby since a while and it's only for episodes edited by handbrake in my case ;)

And the feature is disabled since three months

5d5f09830821d_toto.png

Something wrong but I don't know why wirh Emby for them 

Edited by theghost31

That checkbox is about subtitle extraction. Since you've disabled on the fly subtitle extraction, the only possible technique for the web app is on the video transcoding.

Both options have pros and cons. You need to read the help text under the checkbox and choose the right one for you.

theghost31

Alright, maybe should I see if I can avoid this with Handbrake?

What's wrong, the subtitle chose ? Like subrip, ass ect?

I disabled 'on the fly' because before in the begin of 2019, I got a lot of issues using subtitles with this feature 'on the fly'. Maybe today, I should try again to avoid the transcode consuming a lot of Cpu?

thank you

I disabled 'on the fly' because before in the begin of 2019, I got a lot of issues using subtitles with this feature 'on the fly'. Maybe today, I should try again to avoid the transcode consuming a lot of Cpu?

The answer is it depends. If your system can't extract them quickly enough on the fly, then you won't see any subtitles. That's why external subtitles are always best.

theghost31

Alright thank you, but the initial problem of transcode is about the subtitle in the file that I give you, isn't IT?

I mean what subtitle should be in the tvshow to be read easily by the browser. Just avoid ass subtitle? Thanks

theghost31

To be clear, when you said, "external", you mean get subtitles by addict7ed or open subtitles for example. But not by a track of subtitle available inside the file itself ?

If it's the case, I see what you want explain ')

Correct. But if you want to use your own subtitles, there are tools you can use to extract them.