#1 Wotu OFFLINE  

Wotu

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 05:49 AM

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:14 PM

Emby version: 3.0.72 beta

Galaxy S9, Android version: 9, Kernel version: 4.9.112-15611914

Download to internal and external SD card working fine for me now, even completed ok when in background.

(1.2GB TV episode original quality.)

NOT able to download to USB flash drive in OTG adapter, which is not recognized by Emby, so not even selectable.

Also tested using an SD card in a USB 3.0 adapter fitted with with OTG adapter. Same result.

(I found using a flash drive in the S9 OTG copied incredibly slowly for some reason, but using an SD card with adapters worked at full speed.)

USB storage IS mounted successfully by Android and visible and accessible for reading and writing in other apps.

ES Explorer reports it's Readable, Writable, and not Hidden.

Edited by Wotu, 22 August 2019 - 01:17 PM.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 149390 posts
  • Local time: 11:49 PM

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for reporting. We'll take a look.

#3 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 149390 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 03:06 PM

@Wotu, this will be in the next update to the app, the app will let you pick from the available locations. thanks.

#4 JosephKav OFFLINE  

JosephKav

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 04:49 AM

Posted 25 January 2020 - 06:44 PM

So i've got Emby running on LineageOS on a Raspberry Pi. Have a USB Flash Drive and a USB External HDD accessible but neither can be selected as a Download Location?? All I get is Internal Storage. Is there any way to get around this and download to my HDD?

EDIT:

If I plug in the HDD to my Android Phone, I get the option to save it to the HDD as External Storage :(

It shows as Portable storage on the Raspberry Pi. Can't find a way to make it external

Googled around a lot for solutions. I'm assuming it's not showing as external cause i'm not using an OTG cable. For my phone I was using the Samsung USB Female to USB C adapter, which I think is OTG? Hopefully this Female-Male one will fix it, i'll let you know
https://smile.amazon...31&rps=1&sr=8-3

Edited by JosephKav, 25 January 2020 - 09:10 PM.

#5 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 149390 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:03 PM

What app are you using to download with, the android app? If so then you can only use storage locations that the app has permission to access, so that's why it is limited.

#6 JosephKav OFFLINE  

JosephKav

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time: 04:49 AM

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:56 AM

Yeah, I'm using the Android Emby app. Won't it only ask for permission if I could select it as an option? Any idea what I could do to resolve this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users