Emby suddenly stops opening on port 80

yotoprules

yotoprules

embyserver-63701929936.txt

Whenever I set emby to open on port 80, it never opens, and I get this error in the logs:

Error PortMapper: Error creating port map

This happened all of sudden, it used to work perfectly and is suddenly giving me this problem. If I manually change the port to something else in the XML file it works fine, but I need it to work on port 80.

Edited by yotoprules

yotoprules

I suggest not using Port 80.

Why not? I need it because otherwise any other port is blocked, this gets around that problem. 

Hi.  Something else on your machine is likely already using that port and that is why it is failing.

Hi, port 80 is always a tricky one to bind to. You have to pay attention to at least two things - is some other software already using the port, and then, will your OS grant Emby permission to use port 80.

yotoprules

Hi, port 80 is always a tricky one to bind to. You have to pay attention to at least two things - is some other software already using the port, and then, will your OS grant Emby permission to use port 80.

I used currports, and nothing other than Emby is listening on port 80. If i open it in my web browser, i get a black screen and the title called "Emby" like it's trying to load, but never does, and nothing else appears other than the "Disposing" in my log file.

It looks like this:

PjhWzqf.png

Edited by yotoprules

yotoprules

Try adding the port to the url in the browser.

The web browser just removes it immediately, I am also unable to connect using Emby for android or EmbyCon in kodi. They kinda load indefinitely 

Why can't you open whichever port you want in your router and use that one?

He's testing on localhost. The router doesn't matter yet.

The web browser just removes it immediately, I am also unable to connect using Emby for android or EmbyCon in kodi. They kinda load indefinitely 

So why not just use the default port?

yotoprules

Why can't you open whichever port you want in your router and use that one?

What do you mean? Of course the port is open, I've tried adding and removing the rule many times. Even if it wasn't open Emby should still load, it did before on my old router which didn't have UpNp enabled and I hadn't opened the rule yet.

yotoprules

So why not just use the default port?

Because the network I am trying to connect to my server from blocks anything other than port 80 as far as I know

Because the network I am trying to connect to my server from blocks anything other than port 80 as far as I know

Do you mean remotely? And if so, couldn't you leave the default port as it is and instead configure port forwarding at the router level?